You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bonneville's Thought for the day

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Today's thort has become massive as it was to be my last. Also to show that I am not a creep and not being paid by Sky I included a couple of times when I was convinced that Sky was fixed.

In light of this it is only right that I send it to Sky to be vetted first and I included the name of a well known player on Sky who was involved in an incident, the player did nothing wrong though.

If Sky change this name all well and good but if I change the name I may well pick one being used by someone.

I have decided to look at things from a different perspective and say if we now something is going on we have to say maybe its not the sites.

I ended up in organised crime the software that is used to combat this, why it can never work and why many of the problems found on large sites that most don't realise, can not ever exist at a site like Sky.

I can not see this being finished in the next couple of days though and I may well completely scrap it yet.

I leave with this, yesterday my son Karl was playing a Sunday million qualifier on Stars, he has always liked Stars.

He was 4th and was given 88 hole cards with the short stack and the chip leader to come, Karl had a good stack and decided the chip leader would fold so pushed. Shorty folds but the chip leader went all in.

I did not believe this myself, when the chip leader turned over his cards he showed 2 6 off.

He has played well up to now to become chip leader so how on earth has he pushed in this situation, its the bubble.

Well I will tell you why this push with 2 6 off came, because the flop was 3 4 5.

Its like I have been saying, the big sites will never let the likes of me and Karl near the big money.

I of course am sympathetic and consoled him by laughing my head off, then I had to suffer being called a donk for the rest of the day but it was well worth it I can say.

Anyhow bye for now I have to get some playing done see you soon.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I will miss your Thoughts,
      Despite those Faults,

As a last Resort,
      Pray re-consider them Thoughts,

Even when your play is Taut,
      A winning hand can be Caught,

Over Time with Hands well Fought,
        Your Bank Roll will swell with Noughts

LOL

The Hitman, circa 2011
  • edited April 2011
    tens thought for the day .....please ,carry on with your threads ,its been very entertaining :0
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Bonneville's Thought for the day:
    Today's thort has become massive as it was to be my last. Also to show that I am not a creep and not being paid by Sky I included a couple of times when I was convinced that Sky was fixed. In light of this it is only right that I send it to Sky to be vetted first and I included the name of a well known player on Sky who was involved in an incident, the player did nothing wrong though. If Sky change this name all well and good but if I change the name I may well pick one being used by someone. I have decided to look at things from a different perspective and say if we now something is going on we have to say maybe its not the sites. I ended up in organised crime the software that is used to combat this, why it can never work and why many of the problems found on large sites that most don't realise, can not ever exist at a site like Sky. I can not see this being finished in the next couple of days though and I may well completely scrap it yet. I leave with this, yesterday my son Karl was playing a Sunday million qualifier on Stars, he has always liked Stars. He was 4th and was given 88 hole cards with the short stack and the chip leader to come, Karl had a good stack and decided the chip leader would fold so pushed. Shorty folds but the chip leader went all in. I did not believe this myself, when the chip leader turned over his cards he showed 2 6 off. He has played well up to now to become chip leader so how on earth has he pushed in this situation, its the bubble. Well I will tell you why this push with 2 6 off came, because the flop was 3 4 5. Its like I have been saying, the big sites will never let the likes of me and Karl near the big money. I of course am sympathetic and consoled him by laughing my head off, then I had to suffer being called a donk for the rest of the day but it was well worth it I can say. Anyhow bye for now I have to get some playing done see you soon.
    Posted by bonneville
    Nice thorts, a good read as ever but why no push with 2 6? Just as many 2's and 6's in the pack as aces and kings, chip leader can absorb the loss if it happens, he prob thought Karl had AK and he was 40/60, often worth a gamble.

Happened to me live the other day, AQ v 4 8 (chip leader called me 4 bet shove) I held up and was very happy to do so, as they say "you want the call"

• edited April 2011
    i think your thought of the day needs to be removed to area 51.

they have just turned into the same old fix theory.

i was on a game last night and pushed with 99 (15bb) and got called by a guy with kq the third nine came down on the river to give him a straight.

does this make sky fixed?.........no
    i could bore you with a hundred similar live bad beats but i dont think it would change your view.....

gl dave.

ps i think i just turned the old fix theory thread into a "woe is me" bad beat thread
  • edited April 2011

hi dave... agreed, it's as bad as finding that live play is fixed.  for example winning an spt twice.  wait a minute....

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Bonneville's Thought for the day:
    hi dave... agreed, it's as bad as finding that live play is fixed.  for example winning an spt twice.  wait a minute....
    Posted by aussie09
    sshhhhh.......you know that was all total skill with no fixing or luck involved!