You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

re buys and add ons

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
             I can understand why players choose not to play these ,i myself am one ,i don't like them ,and i choose not to play them .                                 But i was just looking in the lobby for an mtt to play ,and there were 2 rebuy mtt s there ,and i choose not to enter either .                   A  lot of players  in the first hour dont care and play very loose ,knowing they can buy back in ,,,,this part i understand ,that's why i choose not to play them .                    Although ,it got me thinking ,as to ,what is the point of the add on ?     i mean if everyone adds on ,are we not all back in the same boat , yes ,we all got more chips ,but so has everybody else     ,players positions b4 the add on ,is still the same after the add on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only those few players that choose not to add on are at a disadvantage     ,,,,So my question is "what is the point of the add on ?"                i cant see any point in it at all        TEN

Comments

• edited April 2011
    think maxally will fill you in on all the advantages of playing them lol
  • edited April 2011
    I tried to read the first two sentences but it hurt my eyes too much.
  • edited April 2011
    It gives you more chips so the tournament is more deep stacked and has more play in it to allow for more play rather than the normal shove fest. 
  • edited April 2011
    Also increases the amount in the prize pool and rake taken if the add on has a rake.
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: re buys and add ons:
    NO COMMENT.
    Posted by MAXALLY

Awww! go on!  I couldn't wait to get to the end of this then you say ''no comment''

• edited April 2011
    It means the players who are rolled to take the add-on have an advantage over those who don't. Only enter a re-buy if you can afford to lose 5x the buy-in, assume you will take an early re-buy, a double re-buy if you bust and the add-on. Players who enter without taking any re-buys/add-ons have very little chance and are effectively putting dead money into the prize pool for those who do.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to re buys and add ons:
                 I can understand why players choose not to play these ,i myself am one ,i don't like them ,and i choose not to play them .                                 But i was just looking in the lobby for an mtt to play ,and there were 2 rebuy mtt s there ,and i choose not to enter either .                   A  lot of players  in the first hour dont care and play very loose ,knowing they can buy back in ,,,,this part i understand ,that's why i choose not to play them .                    Although ,it got me thinking ,as to ,what is the point of the add on ?     i mean if everyone adds on ,are we not all back in the same boat , yes ,we all got more chips ,but so has everybody else     ,players positions b4 the add on ,is still the same after the add on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only those few players that choose not to add on are at a disadvantage     ,,,,So my question is "what is the point of the add on ?"                i cant see any point in it at all        TEN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE

To gain an advantage over the occasional player who decides not add on (in most cases)
  • edited April 2011
    NO COMMENT.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Maxy hasn't yet rebought his vocabulary ;)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: re buys and add ons : Maxy hasn't yet rebought his vocabulary ;)
    Posted by RogueCell
    No Comment......................... how dare he nick my saying  lol :))

• edited April 2011
    the main point is what dylan said.

tho i suspect since sky charge rake on rebuys it couldbe money motivated..
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to re buys and add ons:
      So my question is "what is the point of the add on ?"   i cant see any point in it at all        TEN
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    It evens the game up a little.
    After the break 40 bigs versus 6 bigs is a no contest. 40 vs 16 though is a game, albeit one where the guy with 16 bigs has paid twice the entry fee.

As an aside, I find it worth playing rebuys. So many people just continue to rebuy and sweeten the pie for you. I've seen people rebuy when they're only getting 3 big blinds worth of chips yet they keep sweetening the kitty.