You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ facing to EP raises. Early stages MTT, opinons

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Both raisers are known to me, and i have some respect for thier games. Anyways, opinions on profitable play here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ThePeach Small blind  40.00 40.00 4995.00
GEO68 Big blind  80.00 120.00 2015.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

SolarCarro Raise  240.00 360.00 5877.50
AcidMan27 Raise  560.00 920.00 7877.50
The_Don90 ????

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I really dont know here, Acidboy is bit of a Nit so he gottah ave QQ + or AK here, i prob flat and set mine with these 2 opponents
  • edited April 2011
    In a gambling mood? Jam allin 

Conservative? Fold. 

Dunno what your chipstack is too, if you've got 4k+, then maybe a fold isn't a bad idea. 3k or less, jam it in- in it to win it, double through against AK and wiiiii

Solar has a tight opening range, but you can't limit him just to QQ/KK/AA, and same with Acidman. JJ has a very good chance of still being good here.
  • edited April 2011
    Clear Fold imo , unless your reads say otherwise
  • edited April 2011

5 bet & find out where u stand :) or set hunt & call to fold to a 5 bet
    depends on your stack if low just fold

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: JJ facing to EP raises. Early stages MTT, opinons:
    In a gambling mood? Jam allin  Conservative? Fold.  Dunno what your chipstack is too, if you've got 4k+, then maybe a fold isn't a bad idea. 3k or less, jam it in- in it to win it, double through against AK and wiiiii Solar has a tight opening range, but you can't limit him just to QQ/KK/AA, and same with Acidman. JJ has a very good chance of still being good here.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    i have 5200 i cant find it in my thing now.
  • edited April 2011
    5 bet & find out where u stand :) or set hunt & call to fold to a 5 bet depends on your stack if low just fold
    Posted by rancid
    Ok i posted to get info and opinions and since im not quite understanding your view here i thought id reply. 5 bet folding seems horrible to me. Can you explain why you think this is good?

Folding if im low again seems the opposite of anything i would do. If im low im more likley to take a chance or getting lucky/winning a flip.
  • edited April 2011
    another serious reply [x]

lol donald altho spot on wat u put
  • edited April 2011
    If Acidman is a nit then a simple fold really
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: JJ facing to EP raises. Early stages MTT, opinons : Ok i posted to get info and opinions and since im not quite understanding your view here i thought id reply. 5 bet folding seems horrible to me. Can you explain why you think this is good? Folding if im low again seems the opposite of anything i would do. If im low im more likley to take a chance or getting lucky/winning a flip.
    Posted by The_Don90

You have 5200
    Yeah 5 bet folding is horrible but hey you could find out for say 1200. If you flat and the board comes 10 high your shipping it meaning your loosing more in the long run. if they playing QQ+
    But hey your 5 bet might fold out some hands they holding :S
    I would prefer the call and see what sol does behind you., if he shoves/raises then fold.
    I guess in this spot your at best racing, so I don't mind a fold either.
    It's a dam horrible spot.

• edited April 2011
    looks like a standard fold, i guess you could 4bet bluff to 1200 if you think acid would laydown qq kk, i would want to be much deeper to just call the 3 bet
  • edited April 2011
    I would fold on the basis that if both of you call the re-raise there a three way pot and if both are as TAG as is suggested unless you hit a J or a straight draw there's a good chance you're going to be behind to at least one of them on the flop.  Fold pre and hope the re-raise is called and goes to a shodown to see if it was genuinely two premium hands or if it was just a squeeze play. 
  • edited April 2011
    i insta fold personally.  Just dont really see the point.
  • edited April 2011
    I would fold on the basis that if both of you call the re-raise there a three way pot and if both are as TAG as is suggested unless you hit a J or a straight draw there's a good chance you're going to be behind to at least one of them on the flop.  Fold pre and hope the re-raise is called and goes to a shodown to see if it was genuinely two premium hands or if it was just a squeeze play. 
    Posted by RossMc
    +1.
  • edited April 2011
    Only just seen this.

Yeah I am a bit of a nit.

I had queens.
  • edited April 2011
    haha WP YG ;)

nanananananananan nit boy, i mean Acid boy :P
  • edited April 2011
    Only just seen this. Yeah I am a bit of a nit. I had queens.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    wooo that means my fold rules, and since the flop was 6 high, i survived lol.
  • edited April 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ThePeach Small blind   40.00 40.00 4995.00
    GEO68 Big blind   80.00 120.00 2015.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

SolarCarro Raise   240.00 360.00 5877.50
    AcidMan27 Raise   560.00 920.00 7877.50
    The_Don90 Fold        
    zsolt Fold        
    ThePeach Fold