You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

All in on the flop or turn?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Just played this hand in one of the micro-cash tables. Had the villain down as TAG and put him on a biggish pair. Though my raise repping the flush might push him off then tried again on the turn and river. Feel sure I made more than one error here. Any takers?

mstiltSmall blind £0.02£0.02£0.32Prop60Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.43 Your hole cardsJQ   AlansLuckFold    devonfish5Fold    kalm58Raise £0.12£0.18£4.69mstiltFold    Prop60Call £0.08£0.26£4.35Flop  J610   Prop60Bet £0.20£0.46£4.15kalm58Call £0.20£0.66£4.49Turn  4   Prop60Bet £0.50£1.16£3.65kalm58Call £0.50£1.66£3.99River  4   Prop60Bet £1.66£3.32£1.99kalm58Call £1.66£4.98£2.33Prop60ShowJQ   kalm58ShowKK   kalm58WinTwo Pairs, Kings and 4s£4.60 £6.93

Comments

• edited April 2011

he is not laying that hand down before the river

Maybe a shove on river will get him to fold but i doubt it :)

• edited April 2011
    c/c flop prob c/c turn too
  • edited April 2011
    I'm a newbie but,
    1. Your flop bet was too weak.
    2. Your increasing bet sizes smacks of getting desperate? And,
    3. If i've got KK & gut shot theres NO WAY I'm folding!

HTH

Glen
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: All in on the flop or turn?:
    c/c flop prob c/c turn too
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    +1

I would consider folding pre also
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: All in on the flop or turn? : +1 I would consider folding pre also
    Posted by grantorino
    +1
    Find it weird why Kalm is pot controlling with KK to the 2nd nut flush :S
    Maybe a shove on the river would scare the nit out of his seat :D No disrespect Kalm :)
  • edited April 2011
    I'm a newbie but, 1. Your flop bet was too weak. 2. Your increasing bet sizes smacks of getting desperate? And, 3. If i've got KK & gut shot theres NO WAY I'm folding! HTH Glen
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks Glen

I'm a relative newbie too which is probably why I got so busy repping the flush I missed the gutshot f/house (if I was putting him on a pair). Agree with you on the flop bet. Had only just sat down and didn't have my "game" head on.

Not sure about increasing the bet - if I'm repping the flush and he's calling.

Respect to Lol_raise for taking the time.

I think the basic message is that I got a bit too fancy for my own good without planning what I'd do if he called me down. I thinkI'll pin this one up as a salutory lesson.

Cheers