You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 pair facing all in on turn

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Just played this hand. Opponent has been very busy hence call pre, but have not seen outrageous bluffs accept calling 2 streets with overcards. Is this standard fold?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LENGALENG Small blind £0.05 £0.05 £14.29
mattless Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.07
  Your hole cards
  • A

2908 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £4.29
xRaise  £0.30 £0.55 £10.60
Douglo Fold     
LENGALENG Fold     
mattless Call  £0.20 £0.75 £15.87
2908 Call  £0.20 £0.95 £4.09
Flop

• J
  • A

mattless Check     
2908 Check     
xBet  £0.48 £1.43 £10.12
mattless Raise  £1.44 £2.87 £14.43
2908 Fold     
xCall  £0.96 £3.83 £9.16
Turn

mattless Bet  £1.92 £5.75 £12.51
xAll-in  £9.16 £14.91 £0.00
mattless Fold     
xMuck     
xWin  £7.09  £7.09
Return  £7.24 £0.58 £14.33

Comments

• edited April 2011
    If the villain has been as busy as you say and you belive Q9 or KQ is in his range then I have no issue with the fold, especially with him calling the re-raise on the flop as it represents strength. 
  • edited April 2011
    Depends have they been Flatting much pre? limp/call depends how abc they are. if you think KQ they open with a raise then i'd get it in. As played KQ proably part of their range but readless any other info? Have you seen them Massive overbet shove before? if they do it with draws then worth puttin in. bit hard though based on info given i dont think its standard anything.

PS- Wats their name as i play at nl10 quite a bit, may give me better idea
  • edited April 2011
    When you say he has been busy pre, has he being opening much or limping in

I might lead flop 3way, it depends on villains tendencies

Bet turn bigger. As played I think I like a fold when the only read you have is "calls 2 streets with overcards", but I wouldnt criticise a call too much here either
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 pair facing all in on turn:
    Depends have they been Flatting much pre? limp/call depends how abc they are. if you think KQ they open with a raise then i'd get it in. As played KQ proably part of their range but readless any other info? Have you seen them Massive overbet shove before? if they do it with draws then worth puttin in. bit hard though based on info given i dont think its standard anything. PS- Wats their name as i play at nl10 quite a bit, may give me better idea
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    lol Quality.

I call, coz I can't fold.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: 2 pair facing all in on turn : lol Quality. I call, coz I can't fold.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Haha, yeh would be great that if soon as you hit 2 pair the fold button vanishes off the screen and your left with no option.
  • edited April 2011
    Haven't seen overbet from this player, in fact this is 1st time I've seen him, I had no notes on him before this hand, although I do now (how much use " overbet turn no showdown" is I don't know) i play nl10 quite a bit. He was multi-tabling I noticed. His alias is JDQuad. He nearly always came in for raise and folded to my rr once. all of the above suggests he is pretty good for this level.

Young Gun and Yuranasset play this level alot so they may have faced him, if so, does this extra info help? I know info is still pretty thin, which for me means fold correct.
  • edited April 2011
    Name does ring a bell and fairly solid, on face of it good fold mate
  • edited April 2011

I play this level occasionally, the alias doesn't sound familiar, but based on the information given sounds a decent fold to me

• edited April 2011
    Haven't seen overbet from this player, in fact this is 1st time I've seen him, I had no notes on him before this hand, although I do now (how much use " overbet turn no showdown" is I don't know) i play nl10 quite a bit. He was multi-tabling I noticed. His alias is JDQuad. He nearly always came in for raise and folded to my rr once. all of the above suggests he is pretty good for this level. Young Gun and Yuranasset play this level alot so they may have faced him, if so, does this extra info help? I know info is still pretty thin, which for me means fold correct.
    Posted by mattless
    Seems an expensive way to find out what he is overbetting with. Chances are that you may not bump in to him again if you havent before. Get out of the way this time and try to get some more reads before comitting to this type of hand. He is an unknown who is overbetting for the first time with a wide range. Might be a bit nitty but thats my opinion.
  • edited April 2011
    I wouldnt flat A8 pre oop against what seems like a good player who raises in early position unless he is opening super wide
  • edited April 2011

call, ahead most of the time i would think

make note on player )

• edited April 2011
    Just to add my 2 cents (small blind - wrong stakes ;) ) you have to question why he is going all-in rather than calling or re-raising to extract further value.

Chances are he made the straight with the 10 and went all-in to shut down your flush draw (he probably put you on a flush draw given your call pre-flop, re-raise on flop and the all-in was to protect his hand).

If you follow this reasoning it was a solid fold and I wouldn't call an all-in with 2 pairs on a straightening and flushing board unless there was some history.