You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK Preflop

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Am I playing this wrong?

I'd normally flat for trips or fold such a small pair to a free bet after the raise. Certainly not go all in.

Seems to be this way at the moment!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceicySmall blind£0.10£0.10£7.68CHURSEBig blind£0.20£0.30£19.50outbkBig blind£0.20£0.50£14.48 Your hole cardsAK   outbkRaise£0.80£1.30£13.68Cannon223FoldfutsalrefRaise£2.60£3.90£20.99SNOREBITZFoldicyFoldCHURSEFoldoutbkAll-in£13.68£17.58£0.00futsalrefCall£12.08£29.66£8.91outbkShow55futsalrefShowAKFlop  1084   Turn  10   River  6   outbkWinTwo Pairs, 10s and 5s£28.17£28.17

Comments

• edited April 2011
    If you have you put them on Small pair then i would be happy to get it in pre, long term tho its not going to be profitable unless ur a bit lucky or you dominate them AQ/AJ on a few occasions. long term AK v 55 should be - EV. Depends on what mood your in really, also i prefer to be the one shoving with AK rather then calling, as the betting has gone if you put them on pp then you have to get it in really
  • edited April 2011
    Should have said ... The villain had only just sat down short. I see these guys raising and shoving without strength but they may have been lucky and been dealt a monster early.

I think I'll reraise and call if shoved on more often than not. Against a player I know to be tight I'll consider a fold to a shove to my reraise but more often than not I'm gonna call.
  • edited April 2011

Played fine.

Keep doing this.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: AK Preflop:
    Played fine. Keep doing this.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1, guy who shoved is obv abit of a clown, someone did excatly this to me a while back, quite annoying lol