You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm NEVER folding here, can someone (in girlspeak) please tell me how to explain to the ladyfriend.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Lost too much money on a real cooler last night and ladyfriend was there too watch it and wasnt happy (despite big gains that have bought her pretty things).

£1/2 cash game NLHE

Im's sat with around £340 just treading water mostly.  Card dead, and have become averse to forcing action.

Find K's UTG plus 1 at 7 handed game.  I make it £7 to go, SB calls BB calls.  £21 in pot

K26r
.  I happily flop the nuts.  SB checks BB (who is sat with around £700 opens for £15.  I'm, praying he's got the case K or maybe a PP, hand he wants to improve on.  I make it £42, SB fols, BB re pops to £110.  Am delirious.  Mull it over awhile, decide to flat as if he is posturing he folds, otherwise he'll pot commit himself with the opening bet OOP on the turn (I figure anywho)

K26  5 Pot stands at £227 I have pretty much that left in my stack.  He checks, I decide he was posturing, so think it over check back hoping he'll put me on 8's through Q's and make a stab on the river

K26  5  10.  No flush.  He put me in like I hoped.  I'm putting him on a low set or the case K good kicker or two pair with the K.  I snap him off, he shows

34o.

I'm not happy but shake his hand say cooler i guess and go for a meal.  I dont like coming back in after that kind of beat as i play bad.

But she is not happy.  "You never put them on the one hand beating you....blh blah..blah"  As though thats what you really need to hear.

I explain to her through gritted teeth that if you make a habit of folding when there's only one possible hand beating you you wont go very far in poker.  Anyone else have similar "DISCUSSIONS" with non poker playing loved ones?  Gaaarrhhhh