You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO/Omaha hi-lo

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi all, I'm new to Sky Poker. Thought I'd give it a go with the free £10 bonus - worth a look.
Enjoying the site, but I am a bit shocked at the absence of Omaha Hi-Lo players. The other sites I play on have tables running just about all day long, certainly on the 'big two' you can join a game anytime. 
I sat down at three empty tables last night, all different stakes of hi-lo (peak time too) and the only action I got was micro 0.02/0.04 heads up. Once I'd won his £2 the tables stayed empty!

The £2 and £5 SnG's are ok, and fill up fairly quickly, but I do enjoy a bit of high variance cash action to let off steam now and again (NLHE is my main game obv).

PLO is better as far as getting in a cash game, but tournaments are few and far between. For both Omaha games the highest buy-in I found was £11.

How about encouraging some mixed game action to get players to broaden their horizons? All of Sky Pokers big events are NLHE, surely there is room for a good PLO tourney - it makes great TV as its a fast action game.
Maybe a mixed game like HORSE too?

Anyone agree or is there not the market for mixed games on Sky?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    It's due to there not being as much traffic on here as on the big two, a main event plo tournment would be fun though, maybe something to have once a week if not once a month... (should of put this is design a tournment competition oops!)
  • edited April 2011
    Hi

Sky don't have the software to show Omaha, plus, it dosnt as yet have enough of a following to be shown often on TV, and HORSE isnt likely to be intoduced as there would not be enough interest in it.
  • edited April 2011
    I thought they were going to do freerolls for this and then it will only grow imo
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: PLO/Omaha hi-lo:
    Hi Sky don't have the software to show Omaha, plus, it dosnt as yet have enough of a following to be shown often on TV, and HORSE isnt likely to be intoduced as there would not be enough interest in it.
    Posted by acebarry10
    That sounds fair enough.
    Poker TV used to show the odd HORSE and PLO game though and its pretty intense (provided you understand all the formats!)