You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big Stack Clashes!!

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
When doin well in tournaments, say 1st or 2nd, I keep coming unstuck in battles with the 2nd or 1st, so to speak!!

Easy to say 'Fold Pre' or fold 'flop bet', but I want to win torney not come 5/6/7th etc, am I bein too Cavalier??

Example just, was doin well [Smashin it lol] 2.20 DS never played in it much, but know field normally highly rated, was gettin bit frustrated cause table froze for 10 mins 2/3 times !!  I had Qpr76 marked as havin a 'wider' range than rest table and he had jus taken chip lead off me!!

BUT COULD I AVOID THIS, will find other examples, Or am I just a Cavalier Donk !! LOL  Maybe it was just a 'Fulham' Rage Call  LOL, Was pretty sure he hadna hit flush already, maybe obvs!! and i know losin to ak !!

Could you fold & Why please?

ps Givens, Thomas, Parks, Bowles, Masson, Mancini, Busby, Francis, Shanks not bad for a FFC fan

pps glad nother diamond never came wudda been gutted lol
Mylena Small blind   75.00 75.00 4915.00
bewhereall Big blind   150.00 225.00 9205.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

HITMAN_RV Raise   450.00 675.00 12115.00
QPR76 Call   450.00 1125.00 17850.00
Mylena Fold        
bewhereall Fold        
Flop

• A

HITMAN_RV Bet   900.00 2025.00 11215.00
QPR76 All-in   17850.00 19875.00 0.00
HITMAN_RV All-in   11215.00 31090.00 0.00
QPR76 Unmatched bet   5735.00 25355.00 5735.00
HITMAN_RV Show
  • A
  • Q

QPR76 Show
  • K

Turn

River

• K

QPR76 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 10s 25355.00   31090.0

Comments

• edited April 2011
    dont call in marginal positions here. If you are a favourite here before it all goes in your lucky there are so many re draws out there and he could already have you dead. If your going to clash with other big stacks pot control and don't try anything fancy. Play small ball and then take advnatge of the weaker short stacks
  • edited April 2011
    Don't wanna say bad beat yaaaaaawwwn but ....
  • edited April 2011
    Hitman u played fine, it does depends but usuall i play against them as they will usually be more weary of you. obv dont take marginal spots, but above u got in well just ul

in words of the infamous dudeskin... Yawn ;)
  • edited April 2011

His play was reckless but don't let that suck you in. You are putting your tournament on the line for no real gain (or through no real necessity) in the following circumstances:

-Blinds are 75/150 so you are 80 BBs deep.

-You have top pair 2nd best kicker but on a board with 3 diamonds you have the 2nd nut flush draw (given Ad in flop) and could likely be calling off K X diamonds who already has his flush made or a lower flush draw trying to protect from Q K diamonds getting a 4 diamond board.

-You did get unlucky but it was a risk you didn't need to take and regardless of his actual hand there were so many other hands that could be beating you or have a good chance of beating you through streets.

If he spams the all-in button or stack bullies and you are stuck on a table with him just wait til you have a clearer opportunity to take this chance and ideally be the first to shove.

• edited April 2011
    Thanks All !!

Consensus, patience & wait for a better spot !!

Funny thing is, [Even Now, lol], In this situ, I get this song in ma head, read it once and it b loody stuck, goes like this......

" You're gonna have to face it, You're ADDICTED TO SHOVE!!" .............

Think it was a thread title, LOLOLOL, wish i'd never seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011

Do not wait for a better spot than this Hitman !!!!

You might be waiting until the next tournament for 1 better !
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Stack Clashes!!:
    Do not wait for a better spot than this Hitman !!!! You might be waiting until the next tournament for 1 better !
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Exactley !! LOL, Thats Why am Gonna keep singin ma Song !! LOL Thanks JJ & All
  • edited April 2011
    I am happy to call off here, im pretty sure I should have the best hand. I used to fold in spots like this and min cash alot.

Now i call in spots like this and go ftw. Its not paid off yet fully, but in the long run im sure it will. Nothing wrong with your play here imo.

Ul hitman
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Big Stack Clashes!!:
    I am happy to call off here, im pretty sure I should have the best hand. I used to fold in spots like this and min cash alot. Now i call in spots like this and bust before the cash all the time. Its not paid off yet fully, but in the long run im sure it will. Nothing wrong with your play here imo. Ul hitman
    Posted by GREGHOGG

f urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr p 
  • edited April 2011
    I agree go ftw it pays of for me, other then sky roller but thats a one off lol