You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Oh no, another BRM help thread!!

Tommorow is the day i start BRM for once, never done it in the past, but i am a profitable player overall so hopefully it should improve my cashes even more :)

Starting with 200, wanting to reach 500 within 2 weeks.

My Plan is;

DYM - ~7.5%
MTT Satelittes - ~5%
Cash - ~5% buy in.
MTT's - ~5%

I like to mix up my games so it doesn't get tedious, and i know other's may do them percentage the other way but my strongest game is very much the DYM's so i tend to bash at them a bit more.

Does this to people seem a feasible plan? From the information shed, if anyone can offer any help it would be fully appreciated and considered.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    brm is easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

Good plan.

Is the 200 the 200 that ur gonna save on your league 1 season ticket nxt year? :D
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Oh no, another BRM help thread!!:
    Tommorow is the day i start BRM for once, never done it in the past, but i am a profitable player overall so hopefully it should improve my cashes even more :) Starting with 200, wanting to reach 500 within 2 weeks. My Plan is; DYM - ~7.5% MTT Satelittes - ~5% Cash - ~5% buy in. MTT's - ~5% I like to mix up my games so it doesn't get tedious, and i know other's may do them percentage the other way but my strongest game is very much the DYM's so i tend to bash at them a bit more. Does this to people seem a feasible plan? From the information shed, if anyone can offer any help it would be fully appreciated and considered. Thanks.
    Posted by HartshorN
    Im a lot like you also. I can get bored playing the lower levels and feel omore comfortable at the higher levels so play and continously win but one big pot and you doubt everything. Next week im starting again on the site depsoting 400 and laying strictly 10p/20p and some MTT sats with my profit but not playing 50p/£1 iknow that for sure
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Oh no, another BRM help thread!!:
    In Response to Oh no, another BRM help thread!! : Im a lot like you also. I can get bored playing the lower levels and feel omore comfortable at the higher levels so play and continously win but one big pot and you doubt everything. Next week im starting again on the site depsoting 400 and laying strictly 10p/20p and some MTT sats with my profit but not playing 50p/£1 iknow that for sure
    Posted by Knowlez
    I always find this really confusing, surely playing against weak/passive/awful donk players lower down is a lot easier (as long as you value bet every good hand) than someone who could potentially bluff you and has more skill down the streets ?
  • edited April 2011
    in Response to Re: Oh no, another BRM help thread!!:
    In Response to Re: Oh no, another BRM help thread!! : I always find this really confusing, surely playing against weak/passive/awful donk players lower down is a lot easier (as long as you value bet every good hand) than someone who could potentially bluff you and has more skill down the streets ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yes in theory your right. However in reality at the lower levels i get sick of entering pots 5 way taking the skill elemnt away from the game,. A clasic example at 10p 20p was i had QQ re raised pre to £3.60 called flop come 8 3 2 rainbow we both all in he has 82. When im paliying at higher stakes i know people wont enter the pot with hands like this i can begin to apply hand ranges and play more regulary with the same players. However i will try wih stand the lower levels when i return and just have to not get it all in with QQ on 823 board
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Oh no, another BRM help thread!! : I always find this really confusing, surely playing against weak/passive/awful donk players lower down is a lot easier (as long as you value bet every good hand) than someone who could potentially bluff you and has more skill down the streets ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Depends on your game to be honest mate.

I know exactly where he's coming from, i tend to play better at the higher limits.

Dohhhhh... I used to like you :(
  • edited April 2011
    Who do you support HartshorN ?
  • edited April 2011
    Sheffield United :(
  • edited April 2011
    GAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to the derby games again next season though.

Should be an easy 6 points for us.

• edited April 2011
    in Response to Re: Oh no, another BRM help thread!! : Yes in theory your right. However in reality at the lower levels i get sick of entering pots 5 way taking the skill elemnt away from the game,. A clasic example at 10p 20p was i had QQ re raised pre to £3.60 called flop come 8 3 2 rainbow we both all in he has 82. When im paliying at higher stakes i know people wont enter the pot with hands like this i can begin to apply hand ranges and play more regulary with the same players. However i will try wih stand the lower levels when i return and just have to not get it all in with QQ on 823 board
    Posted by Knowlez
    Deffo agree, the plain just limping in is enough to tilt me badly
  • edited April 2011
    i think 5% for mtt is too high. ymo.
  • edited April 2011
    I think 5% is fine for MTT if he's a solid/ winning player ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Oh dear acid! 6 easy poitns for us..

Well............. ive started off with a bang..
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Straker Small blind   25.00 25.00 1855.00
    francess77 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1940.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

18AND5TIME Fold        
    7 Raise   100.00 175.00 3365.00
    HartshorN Raise   400.00 575.00 1390.00
    GlobeCap Fold        
    Straker Fold        
    francess77 Fold        
    Paulp Call   300.00 875.00 3065.00
    Flop

7 Check        
    HartshorN Bet   656.25 1531.25 733.75
    7 All-in   3065.00 4596.25 0.00
    HartshorN All-in   733.75 5330.00 0.00
    7 Unmatched bet   1675.00 3655.00 1675.00
    7 Show

HartshorN Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• K

River

7 Win Three 6s 3655.00   5330.00
  • edited April 2011
    UL Harts nvm chin up next tourney :)
  • edited April 2011
    Nice afternoon session after being £50 down, am now upto £300. Also won entry in the £33 bounty hunter.

Saaweeet :)
  • edited April 2011
    is that playin cash? n1
  • edited April 2011
    is that playin cash? n1
    Posted by Scottomus0
    Bit on cash tripled up within 20 minutes on a 10/20p table lol. But mainly heads up Omaha, which was my original plan when depositing was just to play these, but there scarce and hardly anyone plays.
  • edited April 2011
    Cashed in the BH.. feel i should of gone further but ibluff called my 10BB 3betpush with 10 10, he has QJ and calls with his 18BB stack. Not quite sure why but hits the jack and GG
  • edited April 2011
    Harts this shudnt really be here update elsewhere lol
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah sorry haha howver little update.

Available Balance: £530.34

Canny complain :D
  • edited May 2011

you would prob be better concentrate on one game type

Also, it constantly amazes me that people think its better to play against good players than bad ones