You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How to win a tournament and lose money on it

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
You forget about the rake in a rebuy and go rebuy mental

I was gonna post it in the Poker Clinic but i think it should be changed so not to lose out
There is a different strategy altogethor in this game especially when playing for 2nd as well but you shouldnt lose out

60p rebuy - 1 minute blinds - 4 players

MP33720001£24 + 5 League Points
28 Apr '11 at 19:00Poker1 Minute Roulette£-1.20£0.00InternetHand History

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to How to win a tournament and lose money on it:
    You forget about the rake in a rebuy and go rebuy mental I was gonna post it in the Poker Clinic but i think it should be changed so not to lose out There is a different strategy altogethor in this game especially when playing for 2nd as well but you shouldnt lose out 60p rebuy - 1 minute blinds - 4 players   MP33 72000 1 £24 + 5 League Points 28 Apr '11 at 19:00 Poker 1 Minute Roulette £-1.20 £0.00 Internet Hand History
    Posted by MP33
    Are you saying that you had 41 rebuys ?
  • edited April 2011
    this one minute roulette is only there for sky to make loads of rake this should not be a rebuy format imo put it back to the way it was once your out your out ive seen people rebuy so many times its a joke torni i think sky if it has to be a rebuy torni should make it 1pound and 20p rake and no rebuys or put a maximum of 3 rebuys and then if your out your out instead  of rebuys for an hour sky are just preying on the stupid gamblers who keep rebuying
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: How to win a tournament and lose money on it:
    this one minute roulette is only there for sky to make loads of rake this should not be a rebuy format imo put it back to the way it was once your out your out ive seen people rebuy so many times its a joke torni i think sky if it has to be a rebuy torni should make it 1pound and 20p rake and no rebuys or put a maximum of 3 rebuys and then if your out your out instead  of rebuys for an hour sky are just preying on the stupid gamblers who keep rebuying
    Posted by CHILLIE
    i say keep the rebuys but do away with the rake after 1st one at least

I don,t think it would be a joke tourney then as there is a strategy and reads are much more essential
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to How to win a tournament and lose money on it : Are you saying that you had 41 rebuys ?
    Posted by billyboots
    lol - Can,t work it out but i,l take your word for it  - it was more of an experiment - thats my excuse
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: How to win a tournament and lose money on it : lol - Can,t work it out but i,l take your word for it  - it was more of an experiment - thats my excuse
    Posted by MP33
    Ok....let's see if this makes sense,(not too sure myself,...lol) !

Your initial buy-in = £00.60

If you hadn't come 1st, you would be a further £24.00 down on top of your -£1.20, therefore, add the two =£25.20.
    Take away your initial buy-in (0.60p) = £24.60p.......therefore, you had £24.60p worth of add-on's.
    Total number of buy-in's @ £0.60p each  = £24.60 / £0.60 = 41.
    Hope that makes sense to you (if it does .....can you pls explain it to me :)-.....)   

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: How to win a tournament and lose money on it : Ok....let's see if this makes sense,(not too sure myself,...lol) ! Your initial buy-in = £00.60 If you hadn't come 1st, you would be a further £24.00 down on top of your -£1.20, therefore, add the two =£25.20. Take away your initial buy-in (0.60p) = £24.60p.......therefore, you had £24.60p worth of add-on's. Total number of buy-in's @ £0.60p each  = £24.60 / £0.60 = 41. Hope that makes sense to you (if it does .....can you pls explain it to me :)-.....)     
    Posted by billyboots
    sent u a PM