You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this sad or what?

edited May 2011 in The Shed
I dont want to beat about the bush, however i was discussing the upocoming royal wedding with my wife when the news came on and people were starting to camp over in the street to watch the 'go by' not even the wedding but the 'go by', the spot on the pavement where they will see the couple go past for maybe 10 seconds maximum, 3 days in advance. Now im no anti royal but i so feel this sort of behaviour is odd in the extreme, like when people are hysterically wailing with emotion when a well known superstar dies, and they obviously have never met them, as the americans would say - they have issues!!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I am camping in the Mall Now, keep the noise, down & quit whineing !!
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry....   What are you on about ;o)
  • edited April 2011

I hope they have a good wedding day and a happy marriage, but anything beyond that just doesn't interest me much.

I might work, I might even play a little poker, but I'm very unlikely to even watch the wedding on the tele.

• edited April 2011

Pssst Loony.....The Royal Farce will NOT be shown in Al's BAR. Only sports.

Pull up bar stool and welcome to a haven.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this sad or what?:
    Pssst Loony.....The Royal Farce will NOT be shown in Al's BAR. Only sports. Pull up bar stool and welcome to a haven.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL Was only joking bout Camping in Mall, Max

Am actually bringing mi sleepin bag, flask & sandwiches in to Al's bar to camp there with u LOL, Had such a hard week, [part from Fulham 3-0 last nite],  may stay till tues !!!
  • edited April 2011
    Pssst Loony.....The Royal Farce will NOT be shown in Al's BAR. Only sports. Pull up bar stool and welcome to a haven.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Come back Del ..............  Al's bar will need new barmaid as this one is taking the day off. !  "You Round Head."?  
  • edited April 2011
    Well I have to admit I was in a room with the tele on at the time, but was playing DYM and just having the odd look over the laptop.

I reckon Harry fancied his chances with the brides sister mind. :o)))
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this sad or what?:wes-Ly on at the time, but was playing DYM and just having the odd look over the laptop. I reckon Harry fancied his chances with the brides sister mind. :o)))
    Posted by harding10

very sad i m o. nothing against the young couple but camping out all night, apparently with no loos to use!!!
    I volenteered to work so I did not have to put up with the grovelling commentary on the B B C.

Mrs Morse did see it (she is retired) and said "i ve done nothing all day but watch the wedding"
    I went to the chippy for my tea not too happy.

I hope tho that these 2 will be the start of a new era for the royals. Historicly the monarchy are not exactly nice people.
    Just type in Bowes-Lyon into google to read about 2 unfortunate human biengs incarserated by their relatives.
  • edited May 2011
    Its a one off historic event 

I,d rather camp out for that than watching tennis at Wimbledon every year like some and then paying good money for it
  • edited May 2011
    Its a one off historic event  I,d rather camp out for that than watching tennis at Wimbledon every year like some and then paying good money for it
    Posted by MP33
    I'd rather camp at Wimbledon, but I am a big tennis fan and can't stand the monarchy lol! :P
  • edited May 2011
    Saw Alot of Happy Campers down Canal St. Manchester, when We took a wrong turn, Drunk, celebrating a Fulham 3-1 win at Old Trafford!!  Hell froze over that day too I think, LOL
  • edited May 2011
    Its a one off historic event  I,d rather camp out for that than watching tennis at Wimbledon every year like some and then paying good money for it
    Posted by MP33
    No its not! only til the next one! And anyway, if they had used their brains they could have stayed at home and partied, and just told everyone they were there lol.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this sad or what? : No its not! only til the next one! And anyway, if they had used their brains they could have stayed at homeand partied, and just told everyone they were there lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Well Loony,  I was one of your so called Brain Dead that camped out over night at Charles & Diana's Wedding. I was a lot younger then and remember having to queue for nearly a hour for the toilet's at the underground station and when we got back someone had nicked our boxes we brought to stand on. I stayed at home for this one but wished I had gone, there is nothing like being there as it happens. Just like you lads want to be at the Wembley Football Final.   So don't knock, or Mock,  the people that make the effort to go and show we love our Royal Family just as much as we on the Forum show we all love Sky Pokers Royal Family King TK and Princes LML and second in line to the Throne Anna then Orf and so on ?.  Hugs Annie x   Long live the shed.