You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Allin or fold....?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Lively £1/2 cash game.  I've played not so great, am down to about £110

Some crazy guy with too much money is raising every other pot regardless of position.  I Find K's, UTG has limped, I limp hoping that serial raiser makes it his usual £20/30 bet so I can jam pre.  Button calls, crazy guy limps also, as does SB, BB checks his option.  I know i should be folding pretty much every flop, since i couldnt isolate.

Flop comes out Jh9c7s

SB opens for £7 into £10, I call with K's looking for a blank on the turn to end the hand with a pot sized bet.  All other positioins fold, button makes it £30 to go.  Opener doesnt love his hand but calls.  Around £80 in the pot, I can only go allin or fold.

I know I've played my hand terribly, but when you have the serial raiser what can you do?  I know one has a good J, the other having a draw, but could easily be againt J9, typical multi way limp hand. 

I'm genuinely 50/50 on it.  I decide to jam knowing i should probably fold, re raiser thinks and thinks then calls,  SB goes into the tank then folds.

Buttons a nice guy, I have him covered, but as he's called the big bet I cant feel like I'm good and comment that the dealer needs to sort his pot out, he says dont worry I'm sure its coming to you )you being myself).  He then shows 108o for the nut straight.  I'm really pee-d off at this point as his statement confirms my read for the draw.  He says sorry, thinking i'd outdraw him to the better straight........................................

Anyway off point i guess.  even against 2 spewy players, after not getting the action you expected pre, this is a pretty easy fold on the flop right?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Fold on the flop to the first raise.  Seriously.  You've run a good plan pre that hasn't worked out, as soon as you see a flop 6 way with Kings you are normally getting away unless you spike your set.  When the board is very coordinated you are definitely done with the hand.  You may be ahead but there will be much better spots where you have more of an idea where you are and are not liable to get stacked by not adjusting when the preflop plan went South.

As played fold the second action on the flop.
  • edited April 2011
    reload to cover the crazy aggro guy, raisepre, win manies!
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah that was the dumbest thing.  I was only playing one bullet, which made it a horrible spot to put my money in.  But subbed £200 off a bud and broke even overall, whichi s as good as a win IMO following the loss.

I only had 3BB in.  Multi way limped pot, flop opener, gets called and is repopped strong.  It was just dumb from me, 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Allin or fold....?:
    Yeah that was the dumbest thing.  I was only playing one bullet, which made it a horrible spot to put my money in.  But subbed £200 off a bud and broke even overall, whichi s as good as a win IMO following the loss. I only had 3BB in.  Multi way limped pot, flop opener, gets called and is repopped strong.  It was just dumb from me, 
    Posted by AMYBR
    If you're playing with one bullet do not get tricky.
  • edited April 2011
    Thats pretty much what i said in the post your replying too :)