You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Holding 3rd nuts against a good TAG player OOP, weird spot.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Already lost one buy in at £1/2 (£200) and looking to get it in good at earliest opportunity.

Pretty weak table, but guy on my immediate left is a very good, very analytical and the only guy I'm not eager to get into a big pot with.  He's been 1 upping me handwise allnight also, every time I've had AJ he's had AQ, etc etc.

But I know his game he knows mine so it was good poker which I enjoy as much as winning losing. 

Really loose player with a 400bb stack is opening alot of pots, I find KhQh in the SB so call his 5xBB raise, TAG stacked player on my left quickly calls also:

£30 in the pot, flop comes out KcKdAc.

I'm hoping someone has a good A, lead out £18, trying to make my hand look like a scared A or good PP.  TAG guys thinks for a while asks mefor a count which is somewhere around £190.  He very calmly moves all in.  Pre flop raising from the cut off folds.  Back to me with a standard but weird decision.

This guy is a very good player, doesnt really bluff, definately doesnt bluff big.  I decide he must have the case K, hoping I have the A, which was precisely the action I had hoped to create by opening.

Again, very very good TAG player.  Whats running through your mind while pondering your next action?

(Context of overall action, I have to feel TAG player 3 bets A's AK pre)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Isnt it the 4th nuts?

AA, KK. AK

surely on that flop ur going broke regardless, he can ahow up with any of the above, but also AQ/AJ suited where he has further outs.

can never fold on this board even if know beat
  • edited April 2011
    Yea, can't rly fold here, and its 3rd nuts cauz other guy can't have KK
  • edited April 2011
    How can he hold K's if there's two on the board and I'm holding one?  Like i said, 3rd nuts.
  • edited April 2011
    oops mis-read ftw, i ll shhh now i shud really read posts properly :)
  • edited April 2011
    im broke here i think/.

However i think your lead suggests youy have a weak ace or possibly a draw of some kind. (although ive never played you before so i maybe wrong)

Which allows him to re-raise and most of the time youll fold - i think.

My bet is somehting like QJ of clubs in his hand.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Holding 3rd nuts against a good TAG player OOP, weird spot.:
    oops mis-read ftw, i ll shhh now i shud really read posts properly :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Doesn't help when you look like this. 
  • edited April 2011
    if u dont call within 0.3s its officially a slowroll
  • edited April 2011
    Sorry Young gun, when i re read my reply back it sounds kind of rude and I didnt mean it to be.

Yeah he had 10cJc for flush draws, redundant straight draw and gutshot RF.

I think i thought slightly longer than 0.3 but not a great deal longer Lol raise.  My only concern was that with being pretty TAG myself he may have opted to see a flop with AK, if he put me on a decent pocket pair or wanted to keep any other A pic hand in play.

This guy has a serious game, so he was always going to have a real hand there.  I was abit surprised at his overly aggressive allin but I think the gutshot RF may have just over excited him slightly.  He missed thankfully and I finished even from that hand.

But this was pretty much the action I was looking for with the lead out.  Action from the A or someone playing back at me, wasnt really expecting to see a nearly 40% hand though.  Best I though he had was KJ/10 making me for an A.  Its a great bet by him though, as he knows I'll fold an A, but has alot of equity with his hand.

Funnily enough we played 5/10 heads up for about 40 minutes at the end, with only a £60 swing (in my direction) overall.
  • edited April 2011
    why would he ever shove a better hand with a 400bb loose fish still to act
  • edited April 2011
    finger in air.

run around room

do truffle shuffle

PROFITS.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Holding 3rd nuts against a good TAG player OOP, weird spot.:
    Sorry Young gun, when i re read my reply back it sounds kind of rude and I didnt mean it to be. Yeah he had 10cJc for flush draws, redundant straight draw and gutshot RF. I think i thought slightly longer than 0.3 but not a great deal longer Lol raise.  My only concern was that with being pretty TAG myself he may have opted to see a flop with AK, if he put me on a decent pocket pair or wanted to keep any other A pic hand in play. This guy has a serious game, so he was always going to have a real hand there.  I was abit surprised at his overly aggressive allin but I think the gutshot RF may have just over excited him slightly.  He missed thankfully and I finished even from that hand. But this was pretty much the action I was looking for with the lead out.  Action from the A or someone playing back at me, wasnt really expecting to see a nearly 40% hand though.  Best I though he had was KJ/10 making me for an A.  Its a great bet by him though, as he knows I'll fold an A, but has alot of equity with his hand. Funnily enough we played 5/10 heads up for about 40 minutes at the end, with only a £60 swing (in my direction) overall.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Wiii i reads close enoughs still lol.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah you were pretty close bud.

Thing is you have two tag players who dont really bluff, or choose spots to bluff in carefully, going at it on a KKA board.  Kind of slims down each others ranges there :)