You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP's Walsall GUKPT Live Update starts hereeeeeeeeeeee

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Cheers all- well chuffed!

16 BBs when I get back tomorrow so I won't have too much wriggle room. But a Day 2 stack is a Day 2 Stack :)

All the lads are on top form and there's great camaraderie amongst us all. I came this close to suggesting a group huddle before the tourney, but thank god I pulled myself together before I did.

Tikay has brought me approximately NO refreshments during the day, contrary to his promises throughout the week. He's so tight, it's unreal. Although to be fair, he did shell out for a massage (I was sweating that it was going to be some big bloke with tattoos, but thankfully it was a rather spendidly attractive young lady) so I'll let him off.

Breaking news- I've just been told that Tikay DIDN'T pay for that massage, it was Sky Rich. Unbelievable.

Thanks for all the goodwill messages and here's hoping Team Sky Poker push on for tomorrow.

Right- I'm off to get some beer...I mean, some rest. After some beer.

Just while you're here- does a flush beat a straight? Answers gratefully received. Preferably before start of play tomorrow...
  • edited April 2011
    Great Day, well done Rich, well done all, NOW TID wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP's Walsall GUKPT Live Update starts hereeeeeeeeeeee:
    Cheers all- well chuffed! 16 BBs when I get back tomorrow so I won't have too much wriggle room. But a Day 2 stack is a Day 2 Stack :) All the lads are on top form and there's great camaraderie amongst us all. I came this close to suggesting a group huddle before the tourney, but thank god I pulled myself together before I did. Tikay has brought me approximately NO refreshments during the day, contrary to his promises throughout the week. He's so tight, it's unreal. Although to be fair, he did shell out for a massage (I was sweating that it was going to be some big bloke with tattoos, but thankfully it was a rather spendidly attractive young lady) so I'll let him off. Breaking news- I've just been told that Tikay DIDN'T pay for that massage, it was Sky Rich. Unbelievable. Thanks for all the goodwill messages and here's hoping Team Sky Poker push on for tomorrow. Right- I'm off to get some beer...I mean, some rest. After some beer. Just while you're here- does a flush beat a straight? Answers gratefully received. Preferably before start of play tomorrow...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    come rich get too final table as sky mandy or sky clair is going to fill your seat in hosting show
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers all- well chuffed! 16 BBs when I get back tomorrow so I won't have too much wriggle room. But a Day 2 stack is a Day 2 Stack :) All the lads are on top form and there's great camaraderie amongst us all. I came this close to suggesting a group huddle before the tourney, but thank god I pulled myself together before I did. Tikay has brought me approximately NO refreshments during the day, contrary to his promises throughout the week. He's so tight, it's unreal. Although to be fair, he did shell out for a massage (I was sweating that it was going to be some big bloke with tattoos, but thankfully it was a rather spendidly attractive young lady) so I'll let him off. Breaking news- I've just been told that Tikay DIDN'T pay for that massage, it was Sky Rich. Unbelievable. Thanks for all the goodwill messages and here's hoping Team Sky Poker push on for tomorrow. Right- I'm off to get some beer...I mean, some rest. After some beer. Just while you're here- does a flush beat a straight? Answers gratefully received. Preferably before start of play tomorrow...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Regular or Orford Straight?
  • edited April 2011
    Congrats to those who made it to day 2 and good luck for tomorrow

Shaz
    xxxx
  • edited April 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORFORD FTW - Nuff Said really!................... ;)

• edited April 2011
    well done all good luck for day2 andrich a straight beats a flush in three card poker
  • edited April 2011

Rich, The pressures off mate, you've done amazingly well, whatever hapens now is a bonus........ Enjoy
  • edited April 2011

vwd today Rich, really excellent..........but can u let me into a little secret, (I won't tell, promise)...... the camera panned in on you and your face just dropped when,..... if my memory serves me right,......the lady player went all-in against you after your initial raise post flop and I think it was on a spade board. 
    You really didn't want to lay it down but to your credit you came back well after that........ps; this was in the last hour or so ie; when you came onto glitterbabes table and I think it was b4 your massage.
    Good luck to you all tomorrow...........hope you run good.
    pps; excellent work Tikay....g8 thread by you as usual....and gr8 support by the community.    
  • edited April 2011
    Wish I could have been there...hurrah for the forum!
  • edited April 2011
    my prediction, rich all in with pocket aces and gets cracked by a/j - j flop then river j ??? seriously rich gl
  • edited April 2011
    Welldone everyone especially Rich told ya you could do it mate - very proud of you! 
  • edited April 2011
    nice one rich, double double and all good!!
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2011
    Chip Counts Day 1a

Daniel Stanway 92625
    Simon Deadman 82425
    Ben Nuttall 79600
    Harish Bhat 76475
    Craig Burgess 73925
    Danny Toffel 68700
    Ryan Spittles 63675
    Senh Ung 61700
    Wayne Rideout 60425
    Chris Kiefert 52075
    Adrian Eley 42200
    Matthew Frankland 42075
    John Miller 41800
    Peter Sharples 39900
    Darren Annis 39750
    Stuart Rutter 309050
    Ben Jackson 36800
    Andrew Clarke 35990
    Justin Devenport 35600
    Ciaran Farrell 35550
    Richard Horton 33950
    Gary Lindsay 33325
    Rana Gurnam 29750
    Alan Mansbridge 28725
    Waseem Ahmed 27775
    David Barraclough 24500
    Nick Fellone 24175
    Kevin Williams 23825
    Martin Hogarty 22500
    Darren Stanley 20150
    Lee Carpenter 19575
    Mark McCluskey 19225
    Michelle Bricknell 18625
    Richard Orford 15950
    Ben Jenkins 14525

35 players
  • edited April 2011
    VWD all

Is the payout structure up yet?
  • edited April 2011
    Gotta good feeling about GB, but hope Rich can take it down!
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2011
    31 got through Flight 1b

Here are the counts
    Steve Warburton 97725
    Robert Boon 79900
    Fariborz Badiemansour 71475
    Mike Ellis 63475
    Terry Mitford 52650
    Dipak Makawana 51100
    Rob Lacey 48575
    Praz Bansi 46275
    Danny Tran 44250
    Nam To 43875
    Steven Boyd 42600
    Paul Grummitt 38325
    Andy Booth 37625
    Helena Brett 35800
    Andrew Miles 33275
    Dale Harper 29775
    Nick Baghai 29450
    Mark James 28275
    Ramzi Abbassi 28200
    Mickey Wernick 26150
    Martin Holmes 24550
    Jerome Bradpiece 23675
    Lee Taylor 21975
    Nick Hicks 21975
    Paul Humphrey 20625
    Amrat Patel 20025
    Brian Martin 18625
    Chris Lithgoe 16225
    Arulmaran Sivaguru 15300
    Greg Hunt

Day 2 at 2pm later today

Sky Poker players well placed, please join Sky Rich then.
  • edited April 2011
    Sigh, tis true, i had a shocking day! Couldnt get anything going, always had the second best hand and then ran AK into KK...Sometimes its just not your day!

Wishing the best of luck to everyone remaining from TSP/Friends of Sky Poker. Go onnnnn Orford! Tid! One time! Triple range merge those fish! gogogogogo!!!

Lets get a Sky winner from this thing!

Reds
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Just about to read this - Knew you,d make it through day 1 - Bet you folded your way through :)  GL tommorow - u never know (today) and evryone playing mentioned in 1n 1st page

Just seen gallery - Can you not get names? Cracking idea to take a pillow - who,s that?
  • edited April 2011
    Gotta good feeling about GB, but hope Rich can take it down!
    Posted by christiann
    That would be something - gives everyone hope, but i wouldn,t mind being in Glitterbabes shoes right now

GL
  • edited April 2011
    GL to all from Sky Poker in day 2
  • edited April 2011
    Well done Rich and all the Sk Poker Boys.

• edited April 2011
    nice one rich, double double and all good!!
    Posted by pod1
    I see what you mean about protecting your cards now Pod, thanks very much for the tip.
  • edited April 2011
    GL to the remaining players, Does it start at 12.00 again today
  • edited April 2011
    wd all. couple of big stacks amoungst our ranks i think (tikay if possible could we get another one of those big lists, so we can figure out how our guys fair up to the rest)

Best of luck all on day 2.
  • edited April 2011

saturday morning, reading through this thread as if watching live... exciting stuff and very well played our team.  magnificent five into day 2.  thanks for the coverage tikay and skypoker team.  pleased for you, proud of you too.
  • edited April 2011
    Amazing thread, thanks for all the updates and your hard work tikay and the Sky Team.

Please can we have some blue hoodies on the final table.. tyty

Impressive debuts from Ryan, solidstan, and Richdonk:). Go Go Go!!!!

• edited April 2011
    how did you get on bonniville?
  • edited April 2011
    Just wanted to echo the comments left.

Firstly, thanks very much for the updates Tikay and everybody else involved from Sky down there. Keep up the good work.

Secondly, how good is the standard on Sky with all the blue hoodies left in. Well done to the players still involved, keep going today. I will be following this thread on my phone today whilst at the football (Leeds v Burnley) but will not be posting. Keep playing your game guys and one of you take it down.

As for Rich, superb mate. We know you were a bit nervous but you have proved to everyone that you can do it at this level. Chin up and keep playing confident poker.

Nice to see sky players doing well.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP's Walsall GUKPT Live Update starts hereeeeeeeeeeee : vwd today Rich, really excellent..........but can u let me into a little secret, (I won't tell, promise)...... the camera panned in on you and your face just dropped when,..... if my memory serves me right,......the lady player went all-in against you after your initial raise post flop and I think it was on a spade board.  You really didn't want to lay it down but to your credit you came back well after that........ps; this was in the last hour or so ie; when you came onto glitterbabes table and I think it was b4 your massage. Good luck to you all tomorrow...........hope you run good. pps; excellent work Tikay....g8 thread by you as usual....and gr8 support by the community.    
    Posted by billyboots
    I had J-10 offsuit, mate. And the Jack was a spade. Blinds 400/800 antes 75 and I was on the button. She raised pre-flop from mid-position to 1700 and I called, in position. The flop came down 8-6-2 all spades. 

She made what I believed at the time to be a standard continuation bet of 2.1k as she could have easily missed with a big Ace, and I decided to put her to the test with a re-raise of 5.7k, but then she jammed and pretty much had me covered chip-wise.

I had put 7,400 in the middle and had about 10-11k back. It was obvious to me then that she had a big overpair, and was protecting it from the spade draw, and it would have been an immediate fold from me were it not for the fact that my Jack was a spade! Hence why I went into the tank.

So, although I had two overcards to the board I knew that even if I hit one of them on the turn or river, they were probably no good and therefore I'd be calling purely to hit a spade for my tournament life. Worse still, one of her big pair cards could easily have been a spade OR perhaps she really HAD missed with her AK on the flop but again one of those cards was a spade and she was therefore crushing me. In the former case I'd be looking at runner-runner non-spade for two-pair or trips. Thin, in other words.

I decided I didn't want to go all-in behind and hoping to hit. I know there's a lot of folk in that spot who would say it was an auto-call having put so much in the pot already, but I felt like I could wait for a better spot with 11 BBs, so I was 'happy' with the fold. 

The 'mistakes' were made before that, firstly: calling the pre-flop raise: I would probably have been better off folding J-10 off, and secondly making the post-flop re-raise too big. Wayne (Gliterbabe-sat next to me) believes that pot-committed me and from that point I should have called the all-in.

Not one of my better hands, I grant you. But in a parallel universe, I make the post-flop re-raise, she folds with A-K of hearts and I take down a healthy pot with the worst hand. Unfortunately though, it's this universe I'm living in :)