You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I need 900 cash 4 points for VIP status

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat
Currently have 250 quid in my account, whats the best way of getting the points??

Comments

• edited April 2011
    90 x 20+1 HU turbos!

Such a rough spot to be in, coz it really is worth busting a gut to get to 10k now that it's kinda close.......

But ur gonna have to grind non-stop all day !!!!

I wouldn't fancy that...........

Maybe play HU turbos like normal and open 4 cash tables @ 20nl and literally only play QQ+ and AK - I'm sure you'll still make a profit doing that.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I need 900 cash 4 points for VIP status:
    90 x 20+1 HU turbos! Such a rough spot to be in, coz it really is worth busting a gut to get to 10k now that it's kinda close....... But ur gonna have to grind non-stop all day !!!! I wouldn't fancy that........... Maybe play HU turbos like normal and open 4 cash tables @ 20nl and literally only play QQ+ and AK - I'm sure you'll still make a profit doing that.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I recogn id go busto playing 20+1 its not enough buyins, could try two tabling 10 quidders. As for the cash, you only get points for hands your in, so ill be playing 10 hands an hour ! Anyway im a donk at cash as you know!
  • edited April 2011
    Nooo u get points for every hand u r dealt hole cards.

You can sit there literally folding every hand for 10 hours and still earn points. 

250 isn't ur whole roll tho is it?????
  • edited April 2011
    Nooo u get points for every hand u r dealt hole cards. You can sit there literally folding every hand for 10 hours and still earn points.  250 isn't ur whole roll tho is it?????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    It isnt but all my profits are generally cashed out. As you know I was made redundant, most certainly isnt the time to be dipping into surplus funds.

And im in the middle of a really bad run! It may be a case of russian roulette tonight to get past the finishing post.
  • edited April 2011
    load up 4 x 22 quid dyms. if you cash in 3/4, just keep doing that all day.

Good Luck, you only need to play 45 of em!! cash in half and you will only pay the rake.

Im 900 points off 8kpp, but i cba today, or i'd join ya!
  • edited April 2011
    Nooo u get points for every hand u r dealt hole cards. You can sit there literally folding every hand for 10 hours and still earn points.  250 isn't ur whole roll tho is it?????
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Have you managed to get over 500 c4p yet?

lol. =P
  • edited April 2011
    load up 4 x 22 quid dyms. if you cash in 3/4, just keep doing that all day. Good Luck, you only need to play 45 of em!! cash in half and you will only pay the rake. Im 900 points off 8kpp, but i cba today, or i'd join ya!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks gregg im not really a big dym player, i get bored of them. Im two tabling 10 hu turbos at the mo 650 points to go !
  • edited April 2011
    90 x 20+1 HU turbos! Such a rough spot to be in, coz it really is worth busting a gut to get to 10k now that it's kinda close....... But ur gonna have to grind non-stop all day !!!! I wouldn't fancy that........... Maybe play HU turbos like normal and open 4 cash tables @ 20nl and literally only play QQ+ and AK - I'm sure you'll still make a profit doing that.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 and i don,t know if you play DYM,s but you could rack up a few points there playing £20 DYm,s

edit - just spotted response to Greggs post - They are easy to multi-table tho
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I need 900 cash 4 points for VIP status : +1 and i don,t know if you play DYM,s but you could rack up a few points there playing £20 DYm,s edit - just spotted response to Greggs post - They are easy to multi-table tho
    posted by MP33
    just been owned by youn_gun 550 points to go.
  • edited April 2011

haha sorry pal just wanted to add to your points, but only played u once as i didnt wanna take all ur money :) only cos i run well vs u

Best of luck mate hope you can do it and keep that profit up

• edited April 2011
    I shot up from playing aloda 40nl 50nl few hours at that n ull be there
  • edited April 2011
    400 points to go, been playing for 8 hours now and need a break !

Will go have a shower and come back cleaner and fresher !
  • edited April 2011
    400 points to go, been playing for 8 hours now and need a break ! Will go have a shower and come back cleaner and fresher !
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    What is ur balance now from the initial 250?

how can u grind like that !!!! wish I cud....
  • edited April 2011
    400 points to go, been playing for 8 hours now and need a break ! Will go have a shower and come back cleaner and fresher !
    Posted by ACEGOONER

always a good idea after 8 hours
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I need 900 cash 4 points for VIP status : What is ur balance now from the initial 250? how can u grind like that !!!! wish I cud....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not made much profit since lunchtime, current balance is 291.09 (was over 300 at one stage). I was on a good run this morning and went from about 150 up to 250 in a few hours.

A nameless individual started to jump in to play me and tried to put me on tilt. Needless to say although he is a very annoying individual, I walloped him 4-1.

I was playing 14 HU games per hour at one stage dohhhhhhh. It does mean I take my eye off each individual to a degree and reduces roi. But this is a points excercise, with a nice 250 quid bonus at the end of it.
  • edited April 2011
    nice goin - I,m happy with my £15 - i might push the boat out and for 2k next month
  • edited April 2011
    250 points required now, not making any profits but thats ok, I want those points !
  • edited April 2011
    less than 100, its in sight now and time for a chinese takeaway after!
  • edited April 2011
    Mission accomplished, slightly cheated by playing 3 x russian roulette at the end, I am poker overdosed now!

Just realised its a 275 quid payout, and enhancement of next months points by 25%!
  • edited April 2011
    Well done Gooner, good work. Enjoy that takeaway!
  • edited May 2011
    wd gooner just got up to date, glad u made it very good effort