You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do I have to do to win!

I posted something a  few days ago about my play, how my confidence had gone.

Just played a sat and tried to play tight, wait for the right spot etc etc 

Now I want to know what people think of the hand that knocked me out yet again, do I really need to look at my own game, would you have done what he/she did or am I just up against luck boxes.

Please dont say over time............you will win in the long run..................etc etc, this is starting to happen far to often, so I would like some advice please, giving up poker looks my best hope lol

Hand History #366888516 (11:53 30/04/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
YouKnowsIt Small blind  100.00 100.00 2565.00
TeamTango8 Big blind  200.00 300.00 3765.00
  Your hole cards

darrenadd7 Fold     
kcxyz Fold     
FH_Penguin Fold     
YouKnowsIt Raise  700.00 1000.00 1865.00
TeamTango8 Call  600.00 1600.00 3165.00
Flop

YouKnowsIt Bet  800.00 2400.00 1065.00
TeamTango8 All-in  3165.00 5565.00 0.00
YouKnowsIt All-in  1065.00 6630.00 0.00
TeamTango8 Unmatched bet  1300.00 5330.00 1300.00
YouKnowsIt Show

TeamTango8 Show
  • Q

Turn

River

• Q

TeamTango8 Win Pair of Queens 5330.00  6630.00

Comments

• edited April 2011
    ok, i'm only gonna talk about this hand.

I know it's a satellite, but i favour a jam all in preflop, or as played, ship it on that safe flop. don't give the villain a chance to hit unless he pays big for it, or just pick up the dead money.
    in satellites i like to pick up the dead money alot by playing agro and jamming alot in the latter stages, others like to play small pots still. both are legitimate strategies.

anyway, you are unlucky to get donked by q6, and you have got your money in good, so hopefully your luck will change soon...

Dont give up pls.

p.s youve been Tango'ed (sry couldnt resist:))

• edited April 2011
    Skill ends when ur money goes in. 

You did everything you possibly could to win the hand.

Sometimes you play perfect and can't possibly win. As long as u can afford the stakes u play there's no reason why you shouldn't be a winning player.

As for the hand, open smaller or just shove pre flop.
  • edited April 2011
    This is where im getting wary Greghogg, if I jammed in pre which I would have done before then I normally run into 2 over cards, they hit I get knocked out, also if I jam they normally snap fold because they have seen I have been playing tight so I must have something.

So this hand I just tried to keep him in pre and then after the flop tried not to price out a call, it surprised me he jammed after I raised after the flop. I didnt put him on an over pair and he was likely in my eyes to jam with a bad ace so it was an instant call for me. when I saw what he jammed with it amazed me then when he hit the Q on the river i wasnt happy in the least. I only assume when he jammed with that hand he was trying to get me off my hand but as I was playing so tight, he didnt even respect my raise pre and raise after the flop, he shouldnt have even been in the hand in my eyes pre flop after I did raise.

You watch all the analysis that is great via sky poker tv but less and less people seem to respect a raise and im noticing this more and more and the donks seem to hit constanly with rubbish so Im lost where to go from here
  • edited April 2011
    i'd jam pre too you have 12.5 bb, perfect hand to shove even if called i'd expect to be slight fave

as played not awful and shove flop
  • edited May 2011
    shove pre!

As you played it, just unlucky, he had 6% chance of hitting the queen. I know you said you didnt want to hear it but you will win doing this over a period of time. Dont worry about the beats, they will swing round eventually.
  • edited May 2011
    dosent matter what your skill level is, your either a LUCKY or an UNLUCKY person. if your lucky you will more often than not get good cards, hit hands and hit cards to win even if your behind. if you are an unlucky person get a piece of rope........as you can tell im a little bit down at mo ( 3 years in fact ). 
  • edited May 2011
    lol at above post brilliant
  • edited May 2011
    shove pre

flop play is fine

keep doing this and you make money