You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What hands would you be happy to get it in with here? NL4

First game back after a few months off, I get in this situation against an unknown and only been on the table for about ten hands so first time they did this.  Question is what hands would you be happy to call off with here?  Thinking about it I would defo call with QQ+ and AK but thought JJ was borderline?  Is this too tight?
muxu1 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.30
d Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £8.42
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

frootshoot Fold     
Dock47 Fold     
Patching99 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.62
muxu1 Fold     
d All-in  £8.42 £8.68 £0.00
Patching99 ???? 

Comments

• edited April 2011

I'd say a fold here is too tight. 

I'd probably call with TT too, that wud be my cut off point. 

• edited April 2011
    i probably fold everything bar AA n KK. he has a monster and doesnt know how to play it
  • edited April 2011
    i snap it of, prob only with jacks. i'd fold 10s
  • edited April 2011
    I think jacks would be my limit here too.

At this level they probably do have you beat, you see people shoving with queens and above quite alot.

• edited April 2011
    Arr, I've had this scenario back when I used to play down here, I think mine was 10's though for a full pull up. With Jacks I think I'd have to call and then make a good note depending on what he shows, could easily do this with some sort of 77/88/99 hand imo.
  • edited April 2011
    i would call with the ducks and AK
  • edited April 2011
    Its a call for me at 4NL any PP, AQ, AK and at a stretch AJ are within his range iv seen this play so many time when the player turns over 1010- because they think there getting the flip
  • edited May 2011
    I played a lot at this level and you see this all the time with AA and KK. I have been burnt a few times by this sort of situation. I could just about fold this but it is 50/50. If you dont know the player, call and then open the notes.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What hands would you be happy to get it in with here? NL4:
    i would call with the ducks and AK
    Posted by N1CK
    You dont seriously call with ducks do you?
  • edited May 2011
    So hard to put an unknown on a specific hand here as some are liable to do this shove alot lighter than you would give em credit for.On the flip side its happened to myself with QQ and more often with KK and it really hurts when they flip over AA ;)
  • edited May 2011
    snapcall

I call with 99+, AQ+, maybe wider if Im in the mood
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What hands would you be happy to get it in with here? NL4 : You dont seriously call with ducks do you?
    Posted by Patching99
    yeah il call with 2s, when i turn em over they will be 3bet jamming 77+into me all night long ;-)
  • edited May 2011
    depends how im rolled for the level, have i seen him do it before and with what, im normally pretty tight in these spots vs tards so qq+, but these players dont keep their money long so you gotta get it before sum1 else does so yeah queens is very conservative
  • edited May 2011
    depends how im rolled for the level, have i seen him do it before and with what, im normally pretty tight in these spots vs tards so qq+, but these players dont keep their money long so you gotta get it before sum1 else does so yeah queens is very conservative
    Posted by N1CK
    I'm fully rolled for this level so the chance of losing a pull up isn't affecting my decision here, or at least I dont think it is.  My thinking was that I'm more than likely facing an over pair or AQ+ at best and that only a few lower pocket pairs may be in their range.  Of course they could be a complete maniac but I dont have this info yet. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What hands would you be happy to get it in with here? NL4 : I'm fully rolled for this level so the chance of losing a pull up isn't affecting my decision here, or at least I dont think it is.  My thinking was that I'm more than likely facing an over pair or AQ+ at best and that only a few lower pocket pairs may be in their range.  Of course they could be a complete maniac but I dont have this info yet. 
    Posted by Patching99
    If I was rolled properly, for example 20xbuy ins (v conservative for this level imo).....

I'd snap it off with Jacks until I dropped to like 10........

I'd wanna spin it up quickly, I'd know full well I could beat the level easily and it wouldn't take long to get the buyin back.

If ur 1 tabling for 2 hours a night after work, it's totally different, a buy in cud be alot, and take u 2 nights to get back.

The BR consideration is much more than "can you afford to lose it" in such high varience spots as this 1.

Remember the players down there are soooooo bad, if they're 1/10, if you play 4/10 you beat them. Wouldn't worry about getting this 1 wrong, unless u r rly unsure how to play poker to a basic level.

U aren't.

Call.

U did right?

• edited May 2011
    I also would call here....its just as likely he has 99, TT, AJ, AQ as he does QQ+, hell ive played this level a load and if i had a quid for everytime id seen some one do it with something random like 83os id be bloody rich!!!

In fact hes kind of done you a favour, at least you dont have to worry about a Q+ high flop. Ship it without a second thought!!

If he has QQ+ shrug and make a note as someone else said.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: What hands would you be happy to get it in with here? NL4 : If I was rolled properly, for example 20xbuy ins (v conservative for this level imo)..... I'd snap it off with Jacks until I dropped to like 10........ I'd wanna spin it up quickly, I'd know full well I could beat the level easily and it wouldn't take long to get the buyin back. If ur 1 tabling for 2 hours a night after work, it's totally different, a buy in cud be alot, and take u 2 nights to get back. The BR consideration is much more than "can you afford to lose it" in such high varience spots as this 1. Remember the players down there are soooooo bad, if they're 1/10, if you play 4/10 you beat them. Wouldn't worry about getting this 1 wrong, unless u r rly unsure how to play poker to a basic level. U aren't. Call. U did right?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I have 38BI's, started at 10 and went down to 3 at one point.  I am not bothered about losing stacks as I know if I need I can really nit up and grind it back again.  I only post decisions that I'm not sure about, readless facing a 3 bet shove, I think I will now widen my range a bit.

BTW I folded - start abuse now - I must play 2/10!!
  • edited May 2011
    I played a lot at this level and you see this all the time with AA and KK. I have been burnt a few times by this sort of situation. I could just about fold this but it is 50/50. If you dont know the player, call and then open the notes.
    Posted by DrSharp
    +1 - Against an unknown i,d call for curiosity tho and note it