You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

surrounding and habits effecting your game

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Just an odd question to ask people.

Do people think eating different types of meals, drinking different types of drinks, having a more active umm bedroom life does actually effect your game?

Crazy question i know but someone was talking to me about this last night and it got me thinking.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Spend less time on thinking, and more time on brushing up
    your use of basic english - ie when to use affect and not effect.
    I'm here all week for any grammar/spelling issues you may have :-)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: surrounding and habits effecting your game:
    Spend less time on thinking, and more time on brushing up your use of basic english - ie when to use affect and not effect. I'm here all week for any grammar/spelling issues you may have :-)
    Posted by SILEEK
    no offence but if i want english lessons ill go back to college.
  • edited May 2011
    No offence taken :-)
  • edited May 2011
    yes different things can affect your game especially VODKA in my case
  • edited May 2011
    if your mind is in a good place, then your game will be at its best.

if your mind is in a bad place, then it will be at its worst.

try and identify when you are in a bad place, and self exclude for a day or two.

one thing that people underestimate tho is the surroundings that your playing in. if you are playing seriously/multi tabling or running deep in an MTT its always best to be at an 'office' like environment.  clean and clear desk so that it feels like a job. 

the only exception to this is Doh who plays at his best when hes got his laptop resting on 2 crates of beer, surrounded by pizza boxes while that Kerry Katona programme is on ITV2.
  • edited May 2011
    Serious PMSL @ the above comment lol. Twice ive said this today already to u scotty, simple epic!!!

Seriously youve cracked on a vital issue to why i made this post, i thank you.
  • edited May 2011
    A few things that distract me whilst playing are:

1. Looking through the internet inbetween hands, especially on this forum.

2. Sending text messages is also a bad thing that distracts me, so i just try to ignore my phone whilst playing.

3. Lastly the dreaded television! I always have this on, usually sport like football or golf. If there is nothing on tv then i do listen to music, which helps me concentrate and i should do more of. When i won a tourny last week, i listened to Rihanna's album two and a half times through. Was in the zone the whole time lol.