You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bet sizeing

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
just throught i would get people's views on this as i am unsure my self what should you be looking at to figure out how much to bet in a hand is there any basic rules you follow to figure out bet sizeing and value betting if some one has any tips i would be greatful

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to bet sizeing:
    just throught i would get people's views on this as i am unsure my self what should you be looking at to figure out how much to bet in a hand is there any basic rules you follow to figure out bet sizeing and value betting if some one has any tips i would be greatful
    Posted by pegleg24

It is very situational as with all poker. But as a rule try to bet in relation to the pot. So half/quarter/full pot bets.

Aviod the min bet which people do a low levels (as you get so little value from you hands and people will call with the slightest draws - i.e. runner runner straights - hence you not protecting your hand)

And as a good general rule raise preflop (usually around 3x, especially if you have position and a good hand) and aviod limping into a pot. (if you feel like limping you have to ask why you are playing the hand?)

You should also learn about pot odds, and giving players the wrong odd to call their draws