You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

cheating

edited May 2011 in Area 51
caught 2 players coluding yesterday reported them 2 players sitting next to each other from the same town one player with 5000 chips raises his mate 600 other player pushes with 1000 chips other player folds and they keep doing this hs sky done anything about this nope player on this afternoon wheres my money back i was cheated

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Please report to customer care, there is nobody on the forum who can help

Regards
  • edited May 2011
    it's not an instant call the fraud dept have to go thru all the hands and take it from there, but from experience they will be looking into it for sure
  • edited May 2011
    Why has this been moved to area 51?
  • edited May 2011
    I've reported blatent collusion in DYMs before, it took CS a few days to look into it but once they had action was taken to make sure those particular guys wouldn't be able to cheat again.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating:
    it's not an instant call the fraud dept have to go thru all the hands and take it from there, but from experience they will be looking into it for sure
    Posted by scouse_red
    of course its an instant call he had 5000 back player 2 only had 1000 chips and it was a dym 4 players left anyone who didnt call cant play poker he did raise to 600 and the blinds were 150 300 he knew if it was afair game the chance is the big blind will shove he raised so matey could shove and he would fold blatent cheating and with your expeirance u should know that
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : of course its an instant call he had 5000 back player 2 only had 1000 chips and it was a dym 4 players left anyone who didnt call cant play poker he did raise to 600 and the blinds were 150 300 he knew if it was afair game the chance is the big blind will shove he raised so matey could shove and he would fold blatent cheating and with your expeirance u should know that
    Posted by CHILLIE

i gave up DYMs a long time ago,due to many instances of dodgy laydowns for fractions of a pot,and the limitless amount of odds defying suckouts....

Entertainment,no,just makes people angry...

and its funny how even the best players in the world are unable to procure more than a 7% Roi....where 10% is the rake.......funny that...so every game u play , for example 100 DYM..you will get 7% back...if u lucky...
     so you pay £10 to get £7 back....lol....

• edited May 2011
    My personal experience is that Sky will investigate and deal with the matter effectively within a couple of working days.

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : i gave up DYMs a long time ago,due to many instances of dodgy laydowns for fractions of a pot,and the limitless amount of odds defying suckouts.... Entertainment,no,just makes people angry... and its funny how even the best players in the world are unable to procure more than a 7% Roi....where 10% is the rake.......funny that...so every game u play , for example 100 DYM..you will get 7% back...if u lucky...  so you pay £10 to get £7 back....lol....
    Posted by djblacke04

100+10 dym with 7% roi you will get back on average 117.7 not 107
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : 100+10 dym with 7% roi you will get back on average 117.7 not 107
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

if 110 .....7%=£7.70

so what u r saying is exactly the same .....

110 outlay 117.7 back....

so removing the rake...

for evry 100 you spend u get 7 pounds back ....

3 pounds less than the rake..

is it not?
  • edited May 2011
    collusion is a serious issue and it looks like there is evidence of it here, so this thread should not be in area 51 imo. Contact Sky and report it, if you are not happy how they deal with it, you should stop playing here
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : if 110 .....7%=£7.70 so what u r saying is exactly the same ..... 110 outlay 117.7 back.... so removing the rake... for evry 100 you spend u get 7 pounds back .... 3 pounds less than the rake.. is it not?
    Posted by djblacke04

im basically saying that rake is already accounted for when talking about ROI
    so say the tournament is £90+£10 reg fee, your investment is £100 total, your ROI being 7% means you get £107 back on average
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : im basically saying that rake is already accounted for when talking about ROI so say the tournament is £90+£10 reg fee, your investment is £100 total, your ROI being 7% means you get £107 back on average
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

yes but you still paying £10 rake to get £7 profit..and the rake is always double..IE HU 90+10 =£20 rake
     so no matter how good you are the rake is always more..

im sorry but the best players in the world are better than 7%

• edited May 2011
    I,ve noticed these sort of betting patterns a cpl of times in DYM,s over the last year or so

I make a note and look them up again the nxt few times iplay and if i see them togethor again I,ll watch and then report it to CC if it still looks like they,re at it

normally a quick word in the chat box soon puts them off tho

I,m not sure if its more common in DYM,s or just easier to spot
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : yes but you still paying £10 rake to get £7 profit..and the rake is always double..IE HU 90+10 =£20 rake  so no matter how good you are the rake is always more.. im sorry but the best players in the world are better than 7%
    Posted by djblacke04

ah right i get you you're basically saying that sky makes a tenner and you make £7 per each game?

i thought u were saying that DYM's arent profitable long term because the 10% rake cancels out your 7% ROI so you lose
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: cheating : ah right i get you you're basically saying that sky makes a tenner and you make £7 per each game? i thought u were saying that DYM's arent profitable long term because the 10% rake cancels out your 7% ROI so you lose
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

lol...finally we get there...

i am saying no matter how good u are...the rake is always bigger than what u win..that seems very strange.

so even if you best player in world ( he only 4% roi)  over 40k games...

and thats the best in the world...:)

• edited May 2011
    if you are vgood your roi is likely to be low cos you are playing high stakes against other vgood players. Its possible to run at higher roi at lower stakes