You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

playing heads up

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Been playing heads up recently. I think I play alright But everytime I hit 2 pair on the flop and check raise I lose. Is this bad play or bad luck. It just loses everytime. Very frustrated. Any thoughts would be great. Cheers

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to playing heads up:
    Been playing heads up recently. I think I play alright But everytime I hit 2 pair on the flop and check raise I lose. Is this bad play or bad luck. It just loses everytime. Very frustrated. Any thoughts would be great. Cheers
    Posted by tregesea31
    Hi playing heads the meta game of poker become more important, reading you player become key. knowing your opponents betting patterns i.e. how he playes sets etc become key. I think though with two pair you have a VERY strong hand and should think you have the best hand (MOST time you will). The best though in poker heads up is not play the hand but play against the propensity of your opponent (and counter it)
  • edited May 2011
    A flopped 2 pair is a usually a monster heads up, I wouldnt be folding unless very deep or I had a cast iron read on opponent
  • edited May 2011
    It really depends on what you normally do on the flop. If you have put a PFR in, do you normally C-bet the flop? If you check when you hit big this will arouse suspicion from a good player. One of the most important questions to ask when playing heads up is not just "what does my opponent have?" but "What does my opponent think I have?"

Think about the hands that have gone to showdown. Remember how your opponant played them and also how you played them. Next time you have a similar hand, try to bet differently and look out for similar betting paterns from your opponent.