You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy fold?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Since Christmas I've been on the mother of all downswings. Like all players I've had them before but nothing like this. My BR has been properly battered.

I've taken a break for a while & had a real proper look at my game cos I've got more leaks than a sieve!

Anyhow, with the long grind back to where I was starting here this hand popped up.

Firstly, I'm not overly bothered about the limp from UTG. I've played with this guy a few times & pretty much anytime he has a monster hand he always overbets it.

The table has been fairly quiet with most raises being respected & not a great deal of action. I've played against this oppo a few times, mainly from when I played NL20 but the only notes I have on him is that he plays wide from LP particularly when there's been limpers in front (so not much help to me here!).

I've no real reads from this session. He's played a few hands, mainly IP but not a massive amount so I have to assume he's playing a reasonably narrow (ish) range. Unfortunately I've not seen any of his hands go to showdown.

With TP on the flop I thought flatting was the best option here. I've got position on him so can see what he does on the turn before re-evaluating.

Is this an easy fold on the turn?

What am I beating here? It's less likely he has QQ/KK here as I'd expect to see him 3 bet me pre.

Is there even an argument for folding the flop?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £7.70
OPPO Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.99
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

Call  £0.10 £0.25 £21.25
 Fold     
silentbob Raise  £0.40 £0.65 £9.62
 Fold     
 Fold     
OPPO Call  £0.30 £0.95 £7.69
 Fold     
Flop

• Q
  • K

OPPO Check     
silentbob Bet  £0.65 £1.60 £8.97
OPPO Raise  £1.78 £3.38 £5.91
silentbob Call  £1.13 £4.51 £7.84
Turn

OPPO Bet  £3.38 £7.89 £2.53
silentbob ???    

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I prob just fold flop without a read, especially if you are folding blank turns. If you flat flop have a plan for the turn

If I called flop Im prob just getting it in on that turn