You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl trips on the river facing 3rd bullett in multi way pot - Flat raise or shove?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

No reads at the time, (I have lots now!!!)

I should really fold the flop but I'm in position with a pair and a back door flush draw, and it's cheap enough with big implied odds.

Would you be raising the turn?

What do you do on the river?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jjbbad Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £59.10
Goldtia Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £30.80
  Your hole cards
  • A

AAAAndo1 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £32.84
garky Raise  £1.50 £2.85 £59.74
CrazyBen23 Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.50 £4.35 £80.04
jjbbad Call  £1.35 £5.70 £57.75
Goldtia Fold     
AAAAndo1 Call  £0.60 £6.30 £32.24
Flop

• J

jjbbad Bet  £1.20 £7.50 £56.55
AAAAndo1 Call  £1.20 £8.70 £31.04
garky Call  £1.20 £9.90 £58.54
DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £11.10 £78.84
Turn

jjbbad Bet  £3.00 £14.10 £53.55
AAAAndo1 Fold     
garky Call  £3.00 £17.10 £55.54
DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.00 £20.10 £75.84
River

jjbbad Bet  £10.05 £30.15 £43.50
garky Fold     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited May 2011
    fold flop

raise turn this deep

as played prob shove river
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: 30nl trips on the river facing 3rd bullett in multi way pot - Flat raise or shove?:
    fold flop raise turn this deep as played prob shove river
    Posted by grantorino
    What sort of hands are you putting him on?
  • edited May 2011
    fold flop, really? I can understand folding preflop (though with the button and a reasonably strong hand, I'm happy to peel one this deep) but on the flop- it's 1.20 into 9.90- that's great odds when you've actually hit a reasonable part of the board? Second pair top kicker and backdoor diamonds, well worth peeling another card in position.

Best turn card for you... tough decision now though. Raising really does telegraph your hand a lot (calling preflop and flop, then suddenly raising on a paired board)- not sure much calls you that you beat. The guy that is causing the action flatted a raise and reraise in sb then led flop- what's he doing this with? Overpairs are possible but I'd say relatively unlikely. Set of 2's? Maybe, but a pretty specific read. Set of jacks? Unlikely when he's first to act, very poor move to lead there with 2 preflop raisers yet to act- can't rule it out though. 

I can see him having KQ here a lot, leading into the pot with a draw twice and then making a last ditch bluff. He also has a lot of random tens- I don't think he's likely to be as strong as JJ/J10. I think I'd probably make just over a minraise and hope to get a crying call for information, don't think you're getting much more. 

If he then comes back over the top, I'd be very worried. Don't think you can fold though, since he plays 910/Q10/K10 the same way if he's not very good.
  • edited May 2011
    meh idk, its really cheap to call the flop bet but  we are not going to be that excited about turning the flush draw if there is heavy action and an A doesnt always give us best hand. Also if our implied odds are so great why is doh considering not raising anywhere despite small bet sizing and hitting perfect turn card

doh I dont really know what he has, prob boats, busted KQ sometimes Tx sometimes. He seems bad from sizing though so I prob raise river,but I dont hate just calling either
  • edited May 2011

I flatted.

He had J7ss.

If baggs n co are reading - see I do post hands when I balls them up! ;)