You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ante's on Sky Poker

Not sure if this topic has been started before, but how come Sky don't have ante's?
In the latter stages of tournaments, the Primo for example, the addition of ante's would start to put more pressure on the short stacks, increase the action levels and this could result in seeing a winner on Sunday nights instead of finishing just on the final table. 
I just think Sky is a bit behind the times without any ante's, and an addition would be good IMO! 

Comments

• edited May 2011
    I heard somewhere the software doesn't support antes, but whatever the reason- I wish sky would make an effort to bring them in!

Major tournaments have to have an ante structure- it's just so much better. I love the changes to add more blind levels, fantastic start- now even if you have boost starting chips slightly or increase blind levels slightly to ensure tournaments aren't too fast, pleeeeeeease add in antes! They favour quality poker and don't allow people to nit up so much- let's force some action!
  • edited May 2011

Hi there.

At the moment we do not have antes but it is something we are planning to bring in.

Watch this space.

Thanks
    Sky Poker Team