You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

When Triple Barrel Bluff's go wrong

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I try repping an ace.... unfortunately he has it, also how he only flats river??
YOUNG_GUN Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £19.99
elldixon18 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £42.15
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

MacMonster Call  £0.20 £0.50 £17.61
funnyguy Fold     
K007 Fold     
simonnatur Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £0.50 £1.00 £19.49
elldixon18 Fold     
MacMonster Call  £0.40 £1.40 £17.21
Flop

• A
  • A

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £0.70 £2.10 £18.79
MacMonster Call  £0.70 £2.80 £16.51
Turn

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £1.40 £4.20 £17.39
MacMonster Call  £1.40 £5.60 £15.11
River

YOUNG_GUN Bet  £4.20 £9.80 £13.19
MacMonster Call  £4.20 £14.00 £10.91
YOUNG_GUN Show
  • Q
  • J

MacMonster Show
  • A

MacMonster Win Full House, Aces and 3s £13.30  £24.21

Comments

• edited May 2011
    dont bluff anyone readless, especially a limpcaller

I prob give up on turn, definitely give up on river.

Not sure about your sizing either, but prob doesnt matter much against this guy. Also theres very little value in raising river for villain unless he perceives you as really bad
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't say it was readless....

I dont rate the player but think they are can fold here if they dont have the ace, i reckon they fold a 10 here or other pp

perhaps i should have checked river but thought i can rep the ace lol
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: When Triple Barrel Bluff's go wrong:
    I didn't say it was readless.... I dont rate the player but think they are can fold here if they dont have the ace, i reckon they fold a 10 here or other pp perhaps i should have checked river but thought i can rep the ace lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    If you have reads post them, otherwise how can people give good advice (obv you may have reasons not to, but quality of advice will suffer badly)

I think lots of pps fold turn and he should have very few Tx in his range. He prob folds hands without an A but I think he nearly always has an A when you get to river
  • edited May 2011
    what do you think he calls flop and turn with, you have rep an ace and he believes you thats why he flats river lol even tho he cant beat it but hopes for a split i guess, guys that limp utg with ace 2 are pretty impossible to bluff he will never fold, value bet the hell out of them
  • edited May 2011
    dont like the 3 barrell bluff on a paired flop,soon he calls after flop i have a strong feeling he has a week ace,you cant represent much here ,its not as if theres straights and flushes to represent 
  • edited May 2011
    Firstly my raise pre i should have made more was 3 tabling so obviously a misclick should have been 90p

I think with the small bet he can flat flop with any 2, reason so small as i wanted to make out i had the ace. turn once he's flatted this i did think for second could have an ace but if he has a 10 can get him to laydown on the river. Hands he could have K/10, Q/10, J/10 and many more combos which are folding imo, thats reason for bump on end i think if he didnt have an ace then he defo folds.

Also i can understand he must put me on ace too for flatting on end bit ambitous really but wrong time
  • edited May 2011
    just give up on the river, at least you picked some  outs up on the turn