You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky poker Sit & Gos and hello to all

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat
Hello Sky guys, I have been following Sky Poker for quite some time now (while playing at one of the generic well known online poker sites for over a year now, Sky Poker LIVE fantastic and with the community and forum being active it makes Sky Poker such an inviting place for UK players. it seems everybody knows everybody, very friendly from my brief experience.

So hello there, I'm Eddie residing in south Manchester (RED ARMY!! RED ARMY!!)

Theres only 1 doubt in my mind about making sky poker my permanent place of play, that is I am some what of a die hard sit&go player, and currently right now there is literally no sit&go's active in the lobby, considering the time 7am it can be expected for a small site like SP, my question is does it pick up during the day?

Comments

• edited May 2011

Hi Discopig (love the Alias!)

Welcome to Sky Poker and the community, we hope you enjoy it.

You did pick a fairly quiet time of the day but rest assured this will pick up a lot. As you might expect because of having mainly UK players, it gets a lot busier as the day goes on. Especially when people get home from work.

Good luck!

Sky Poker Team
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Sky poker Sit & Gos and hello to all:
    Hello Sky guys, I have been following Sky Poker for quite some time now (while playing at one of the generic well known online poker sites for over a year now, Sky Poker LIVE fantastic and with the community and forum being active it makes Sky Poker such an inviting place for UK players. it seems everybody knows everybody, very friendly from my brief experience. So hello there, I'm Eddie residing in south Manchester (RED ARMY!! RED ARMY!!) Theres only 1 doubt in my mind about making sky poker my permanent place of play, that is I am some what of a die hard sit&go player, and currently right now there is literally no sit&go's active in the lobby, considering the time 7am it can be expected for a small site like SP, my question is does it pick up during the day?
    Posted by Discopig

Welcome to the site Discopig. I'm in agreement with him up there too, love the alias :) Hope you enjoy the Community element too. Feel free to join in some of the banter, post some hands in the Poker Clinic, brag a bit, etc. All good fun and a lovely bunch of people. Hope to see you at an SPT soon!

Dave

• edited May 2011
    Thanks for the welcome guys its good to be here, I'm on a decent run as of now I'm off to a good start on sky, I like it alot, so your walm welcomes are really appreciated!

Can't wait to get my teeth into some sit & go's now 8^)
  • edited May 2011
    Sit n gos arent as popular as they used to be... mainly as there are no 18 seater +, if your primary Sit n go player i wouldnt recommending switching , unless your DYM player? they can run often but not as often as i think you need personally.... they are soft tho :)

Best of luck and welcome to the site
  • edited May 2011
    welcome disco, the dym was a leaning experience for me and now i mainly play low mttt the £2.20 deepstack 5000 chips 12 mins blinds which is a lot off fun, mind you if you go for this it can last 4hrs depending how well your doing and how patient you can be ? myself being married and two girls i`m a saint, lol the only prob i have with you is red that team, gl on tables what ever you play