You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now!

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat

Well, when I say "now", I mean as & from tomorrow, Thursday.

I'll work through the details in the next 30 mins, & take any questions tomorrow, but I want you to get the news first, (because it will be disseminated widely overnight) so here's the nitty-gritty......

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Amazing news, as I'd only just logged onto the Gs own poker skin to see when they were running their tournies!

• edited May 2011

The GUKPT "Summer Series" comprise SIX Events, held in 6 different Venues.

They are £550 buy-in Events. In fact, they are "Re-Entry" Events - which is NOT the same as a Rebuy, or a Freezeout, it's a sort of hybrid. I don't imagine many players will "re-enter", so the Qualifiers are "just" for the £550 original entry cost, which is £550.

They are two day Events - Saturday & Sunday -with 10,000 starting chips, & 45 min blinds all the way.

They run in un-connected pairs, as follows.....

Saturday May 14th & Sunday May 15th. (That's not this weekend, but NEXT weekend).

Venues - Brighton, and Dundee. You will be able to qualify for EITHER. You just choose, after qualifying, which one you wish to play.

In due course, GUKPT "Summer Series" qualifiers for all 6 legs will be run on Sky Poker, but for now, it is ONLY for Brighton & Dundee, as we are short of time, as per.
  • edited May 2011

More awesome news, can't wait to try and qualify!
  • edited May 2011

The qualifying format (I'll list the days, cost etc shortly) will be almost identical to the quallies we ran for the £1,070 GUKPT "Biggies" recently, EXCEPT that the Final (direct buy-in £110) will be on TUESDAY of next week, & ONE IN FIVE will get a seat, not 1 in 10 as per the bigger events.

That make sense? 
  • edited May 2011

So, the qualifying route will be as follows. I've C & P this from a note Blandy sent to me, plagarism ftw.

Note that, as previous, & as per our agreement with GUKPT, we will NOT be running any satellites or qualifiers for any GUKPT Events on Wednesdays - they will run every night EXCEPT Wednesdays.

More.....
  • edited May 2011

GUKPT Satellites – Thursday 5th May – Monday 9th May

Buyin:   £4.80+40p
    Payout: 1 in 5 à that day’s Semi Final at 2115

Times:   1515  1815  1930 (also 1115 and 1315 on Sat & Sun)

GUKPT Satellites – Tuesday 10th May

Buy-in: £4.80+40p
    Payout: 1 in 5 à that day’s Semi Final at 1715

Times:   1015  1215  1415  1515  1545 

GUKPT Semi Finals – Thursday 5th – Tuesday 10th
    Buy-in: £22+£2 Payout: 1 in 5 à GUKPT Final

Times: 2115 (Thu-Mon inclusive), 1715 (Tuesday)

GUKPT Final – Tuesday 10th May

Buy-in: £110
    Payout: 1 in 5 à GUKPT Summer Series

Time: 2115
  • edited May 2011

The Summer Series will continue in June & July as follows......

June 11th/12th - Bolton & Plymouth.

July 9th & 10th - Sheffield & Southampton

After that, the GUKPT reverts to the £1,000 buy-in, beginning with Luton in August, then Coventry in October, Blackpool in November, & finally for this year, The Vic, also in November, though The Vic will be a £2,500 buy-in jobbie.

Quallies for ALL of these will be on Sky Poker, nightly except Wednesdays, pretty much non-stop for the rest of 2011, just as long as the demand from you guys is there. 

However, the current qualifying period, starting tomorrow, through to next Tuesday, is for BRIGHTON OR DUNDEE ONLY.
  • edited May 2011

So, there you go.

The first satellites will spawn in the Lobby first thing tomorrow (Thursday) & then daily thereafter.

Happy hunting.
  • edited May 2011

Any questions, fire away.

Not literally, like.

• edited May 2011

Qualify now, & you could be the next Dan Brown, or Scotty77, & make the Final.

Raise it UP!
  • edited May 2011
    Will defo try to get in some of these.  Can't do the first one though as it's Cup Final Weekend and I'm already commited to something.  I need to run better in life :(
  • edited May 2011
    can you please explain what a 're entry' event means, is this like having 1 rebuy? and why do you predict that not many will use this option? is that through past experience of these events? and can they re buy at any stage or just the 1st so many levels.
  • edited May 2011
    July 7th & 8th - Sheffield & Southampton

^^^^ Thursday & Friday for this?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now!:
    can you please explain what a 're entry' event means, is this like having 1 rebuy? and why do you predict that not many will use this option? is that through past experience of these events? and can they re buy at any stage or just the 1st so many levels.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Re entry allows you to re buy back in once you lose all your chips. It is not a rebuy as such because you can not ask for more chips at the table. If knocked out, you then get up, go to the cashier desk and buy back in to the tournament. You will be treated like a new player and as such moved to next available seat. The re entry period is open for as long as the registration period is open for. 
  • edited May 2011
    hi tikay

another fantastic chance for all skyplayers to make a mark like dan and ryan doing us all proud

are these summer tournys 2 start time flight 1a and 1b as you put it

would be easier for some if it was if not no matter

thank you

mark
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now!:
    July 7th & 8th - Sheffield & Southampton ^^^^ Thursday & Friday for this?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yes Al, thursday and friday m8 according to GUKPT unless they have made a typo
  • edited May 2011
    July 7th & 8th - Sheffield & Southampton ^^^^ Thursday & Friday for this?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good spot, no, it's Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th, the "Summer Series" Mini Fessie runs from the 7th, my mistake. I'll Edit my OP, thank you.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : Yes Al, thursday and friday m8 according to GUKPT unless they have made a typo
    Posted by dylan12
    Typo I reckon though, it is also stated that it is on the 9th and 10th of July which makes more sense. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : Yes Al, thursday and friday m8 according to GUKPT unless they have made a typo
    Posted by dylan12
    It's the Saturday & Sunday, the official site is a little confusing (to me, anyway!), hence the error.

More haste, less speed, I'm aching to go home but I wanted to get this stuff up before I head off.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : Re entry allows you to re buy back in once you lose all your chips. It is not a rebuy as such because you can not ask for more chips at the table. If knocked out, you then get up, go to the cashier desk and buy back in to the tournament. You will be treated like a new player and as such moved to next available seat. The re entry period is open for as long as the registration period is open for. 
    Posted by dylan12
    Thanks, but does that mean they can keep re entering up to end of registration, or are they restricted to the one time (although i realise that would be expensive) and usually in these how long would registration last (at what level)
  • edited May 2011
    hi tikay another fantastic chance for all skyplayers to make a mark like dan and ryan doing us all proud are these summer tournys 2 start time flight 1a and 1b as you put it would be easier for some if it was if not no matter thank you mark
    Posted by sara36dd08
    No, as far as I am aware, Mark, they only have one opening day Flight, which will start at Noon. I need to check that, but I think that's the case.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : Thanks, but does that mean they can keep re entering up to end of registration, or are they restricted to the one time (although i realise that would be expensive) and usually in these how long would registration last (at what level)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loony,

I'll deal with your PM (on the other matter) tomorrow.

You can only re-enter ONCE. I would imagine that the re-entry facility lasts for, at the very max, the first 3 levels, after that, lose your chips & that's that. I cannot imagine many players will re-enter, as in most cases, it's severely -ev in my opinion.

Dylan's explanation of the difference between a rebuy & a re-entry is spot on.

As a matter of interest, "Re-Entries" are a fairly new innovation in the UK, & DTD have just started (from NEXT month) to make their Monthly £300 jobbie a re-entry. But in their case, there are 2 opening days (Friday & Saturday), & players who bust on Day 1a can re-enter on Day 1b. Confusing, or what? 

B & M hosted Re-Entry Tourneys have been commonplace in Las Vegas for many years, though. 

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : Thanks, but does that mean they can keep re entering up to end of registration, or are they restricted to the one time (although i realise that would be expensive) and usually in these how long would registration last (at what level)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Only 1 re entry opportunity per player. End of registration varies in each tournament but around Level 4 in most cases with this clock. 
  • edited May 2011
    Cheers Tikay and Dyl. Apart from the 1st one, I will have a go at the others.....now get yerself home to that bovril TK...and you just put that sheep down Dyl :))
  • edited May 2011
    Amazing news, as I'd only just logged onto the Gs own poker skin to see when they were running their tournies!
    Posted by scotty77

I guess this means that the summer series are not TSP events? Thank you sky for adding another £110 to my eventual buy in cost!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : I guess this means that the summer series are not TSP events? Thank you sky for adding another £110 to my eventual buy in cost!
    Posted by Boonicon
    the other members of TSP and I (is that correct TK)  pushed for Summer Seires/side events to be included and I think that Sky are looking into that.  Sky want TSP live events to be backed up by an update team/TK  making tea so I would assume that Brighton is too close to arrange all that.  Would love it if Brighton was an option tho for TSP!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : I guess this means that the summer series are not TSP events? Thank you sky for adding another £110 to my eventual buy in cost!
    Posted by Boonicon
    Ugh, please stop asking really good questions!

We chewed the cud on this today, to be honest, & in fact, I'd say it was 60/40 in favour that they may well become on the TSP list. It's Mr Milner's call, but we chatted at length about it today, & I know he's giving it serious consideration.

Sky Poker is at an awkward age & size, it's still growing rapidly, & things are changing so fast.

When TSP was first mooted, the thinking was that there would be a Comms Supprt Team, a Live Update, maybe even a TV camera, at EVERY TSP Event.

But if you think "is that scaleable?" (which is what Mr Page & Mr Brin at google did on Day one, & they did OK), imagine Sky Poker another year down the line. There might well be 10, or 15, TSP Members, who knows? And they may be wanting to play Events almost weekly, as the thing grows. How could we possibly give full comms support to such a schedule in a financially viable way?

So the options MIGHT be, we either do not give Comms Support (by which I mean, Live Updates & all that stuff), OR we sub-contract it to someone - say, blonde, or SPT-RIch, for example, or, even better imo......

....we do it the "Community way". The what?

By that, I mean we could get volunteers from our Community to go & do the Update. No money would be payable, or I don't think so, but exs would be covered, & they would get a freebie entry to, say, the Sky Roller or somesuch, & maybe some apparel - a Sky Poker hoodie, cap, da de da. In my personal view, that would be just terrific, & I think it would work very well. I may be wrong, of course, I usually am!

So there it is. It's not been decided, not at all, but that's the thinking, or it was 4 hours ago!

We shall see soon enough. Things are changing, & fast. Excxiting, 'innit?

PS - On that "community" thing, this Saturday, at SPT Leeds, we have a Live Stream, as you know, & we've been working away at how best to make it zippy, zingy, & a bit different. It will be MUCH better than at Luton, for example, there will not be Stream "breaks" during Tourney breaks, for example. But we might just try an experiment, & get regular Sky Poker players to have a bash at commentating on the Live Stream for, say, 5, 15, or 30 minutes at a time. How cool would that be?

The only problem is that they need to speak properly such that everyone can understand, so no Yorkshire folk will be allowed to commentate. Just saying, that's all.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! : the other members of TSP and I (is that correct TK)  pushed for Summer Seires/side events to be included and I think that Sky are looking into that.  Sky want TSP live events to be backed up by an update team/TK  making tea so I would assume that Brighton is too close to arrange all that.  Would love it if Brighton was an option tho for TSP!
    Posted by scotty77
    Correct, Mr Final Table Man, see my previous Post.

Nothing has been decided as to Brighton yet, but I'll let you know if & when it is. To be honest, we've been working most of today on various Vegas related stuff. More news on that soon. ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Having a Community based update would be very good ofc if people were willing to give of their time to help out BUT I am a great believer that a live update must have a greater balance than just chip counts etc to capture the imagination of the masses and imo there should be a leader within the updating pack...this for me is where a certain Mr Prew comes in, fantastic blogger and he would run a great update thread that would make you believe that you were there at that precise time. Needs a fine balance but is very much do able but would rely very much on the community and at times like this you will learn how strong a community sky actually has. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Oi oi! You can qualify for the GUKPT Summer Series on Sky Poker now! :   The only problem is that they need to speak properly such that everyone can understand, so no Yorkshire folk will be allowed to commentate. Just saying, that's all.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Outrageous!!!!

But true.