You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OK, what else could I do? Help!

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
the guy had a bit wide range and was a bit loose but did not put him on his hand.
A few hands before someone else had the Aces and just went allin. He took the blinds but didn't lose. Thoughts?
Also, after "h" went allin I was hoping to go allin pre also to isolate but it didn't let me. Why?
c Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.30
Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.51
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

h Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.39
b Fold     
Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.18
walesboy Raise  £0.40 £0.54 £3.36
c Fold     
Call  £0.36 £0.90 £2.15
h All-in  £0.39 £1.29 £0.00
Fold     
walesboy Call  £0.03 £1.32 £3.33
Call  £0.03 £1.35 £2.12
Flop

• A
  • Q
  • J

Check     
walesboy All-in  £3.33 £4.68 £0.00
All-in  £2.12 £6.80 £0.00
walesboy Unmatched bet  £1.21 £5.59 £1.21
Show
  • K
  • Q

h Show
  • J
  • J

walesboy Show
  • A
  • A

Turn

River

Win Straight to the Ace £5.17  £5.17

It did tilt me abit afterwoods this aswell.
"r" left pretty much after the hand - sat out
At the moment I'm thinking my only play is allin straight away as I am losing alot with these high pocket pairs.
I know people say they will lose in the long run but at the moment it is different people and it is not their time to lose no matter how low their % chance is!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    don't know what happened

c
    Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.30
    Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.51
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

h Call  £0.04 £0.10 £0.39
    b Fold     
    Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.18
    walesboy Raise  £0.40 £0.54 £3.36
    c Fold     
    Call  £0.36 £0.90 £2.15
    h All-in  £0.39 £1.29 £0.00
    Fold     
    walesboy Call  £0.03 £1.32 £3.33
    Call  £0.03 £1.35 £2.12
    Flop

• A
    • Q
    • J

Check     
    walesboy All-in  £3.33 £4.68 £0.00
    All-in  £2.12 £6.80 £0.00
    walesboy Unmatched bet  £1.21 £5.59 £1.21
    Show
    • K
    • Q

h Show
    • J
    • J

walesboy Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

River

Win Straight to the Ace £5.17  £5.17

tilted me abit afterwoods. "r" left pretty much afterwoods
    allin pe seems best option now with big pocket pairs as losing too much with them
    another player did it earlier with Aces and won about 10p but "at least didn't lose".
  • edited May 2011
    if i could see something other than lines that would be great :)
  • edited May 2011
    flppin eck - "r" had a bit of a wide range but didn't put him on his hand more like "h"
    after "h" went allin I wanted to isolate but I could only match his bet. why?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: OK, what else could I do? Help!:
    flppin eck - "r" had a bit of a wide range but didn't put him on his hand more like "h" after "h" went allin I wanted to isolate but I could only match his bet. why?
    Posted by walesboy
    under raise
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: OK, what else could I do? Help!:
    flppin eck - "r" had a bit of a wide range but didn't put him on his hand more like "h" after "h" went allin I wanted to isolate but I could only match his bet. why?
    Posted by walesboy
    The 'under-raise' is a little quirk in poker betting.  If you have already had your first action of a betting round (I.e. your first chance to bet) and a subsequent player has made a raise for all of their chips which is not large enough for a min-bet this is an under-raise.  Every player behind who has already had their initial action in this round of betting can only call or fold unless a player in between who has not had their first action re-raises.

The reason for this is to prevent tactical betting to take advantage of extreme short stacks who will just shove their last half of a blind in anyway thus re-opening the betting.  As a result you can make bets in multi-way pots that actually control the size of the pot more but that's the side effect.  Always watch the other chip stacks and keep all of this in mind.  It's tricky at first but eventually you get the hang of it.
  • edited May 2011
    mm, why would you want to isolate the shorty when you have the nuts?
  • jgnjgn
    edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    It is just a cooler, that was always gonna happen. Nothing you could have done.

I wouldnt worry about this hand at all, but I would be concerned if my mentality had shifted to just shove with high pocket pairs!!