You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The best section in the forum?

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat
Strangely over the last couple of months i've found myself more and more drawn to area 51. The shed used to be a great section but thats gone a bit stale lately. I reckon the best threads to read and laugh at the banter currently in the forum are here. Yes i know it can be full of whiners and whingers, but also its full of hilarious one liners, and great arguments for and against, the poker clinic it aint, but fun it is! Not all of the posters are crazy conspiracy theorist either, elsadog, a winner, dohhhhhh, a winner, djblack04...errrr :)), to name but a few. Im not interested in arguments about fixing on this thread, save that for area 51, but thats my case put forward for the best section on here at the moment, unless anyone can think of another? When voting can you please put forward a case as to why you voted for a particular section, so we know your thinking!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Punter's Corner ftw!

I rarely post in the clinic but love reading all the threads, so that's a close second.

I haven't had my jabs to enter Area51 yet, so can't comment on that =P
  • edited May 2011

Area 51 is the most addictive.

It doesn't matter how hard you try to stay away, someone will eventually say something so increadibly stupid that you just have to let the person know how much of a plonker they are.

Clinic & punters corner are the best, but there are much better/busier versions of those sections elsewhere, so overall I'd also probably have to go with area 51 for comedy value, and origionality. It really is amazing how deluded some people are, and for some reason, that fascinates me!

A51 FTW!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The best section in the forum?:
    Area 51 is the most addictive. It doesn't matter how hard you try to stay away, someone will eventually say something so increadibly stupid that you just have to let the person know how much of a plonker they are. Clinic & punters corner are the best, but there are much better/busier versions of those sections elsewhere, so overall I'd also probably have to go with area 51 for comedy value, and origionality. It really is amazing how deluded some people are, and for some reason, that fascinates me! A51 FTW!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    and you do that quite a lot...

you voted for area 51...cmon...

i miss AJW...

• edited May 2011
    I put general i guess that makes me boring

close 2nd poker clinic altho i dont seem to read it properly so get owned, then punters corner

Area 51 bottom i try not to go in there if im honest but occasionally stray and have a catch up
  • edited May 2011
    I voted for the clinic - elsa's clinic in area51 :o)

I agree it's addictive and quite challenging sometimes - working out whose tongue is firmly in their cheek is not easy. The essential ingredient in area51 is that occasionally you get people posting who have views conflicting with the majority and despite all the logic offered refuse to see the writing on the wall. They pursue their agenda relentlessly and take every opportunity to stamp their view, often without realising the humour they treat everyone to in the process. 

DOHHHHHHH ....... we of area51 salute you and thank you  :o
  • edited May 2011
    Noooooo did I spell it wrong???

• edited May 2011
    Punters corner ftw

Dohhh could you pm me what other punters forum you use please

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited May 2011
    Voted The Clinic because it teaches me so much about how other people think about the game and makes me realise how little I know about it.

Area 51 was a close second though. Fantastic mix of lunatics, comedians and serious debaters. Particularly love when Tikay gets drawn into it. I have this mental image of him with his head in his hands going, "Nooooo, how did I get drawn in again?"

The Shed has indeed gotten a bit rubbish. Whatever happened to Miwagi? Did he get banned or has he moved to Thailand for reasons I dare not even contemplate? EmEgg is a miss from there too.
  • edited May 2011
    Voted The Clinic because it teaches me so much about how other people think about the game and makes me realise how little I know about it. Area 51 was a close second though. Fantastic mix of lunatics, comedians and serious debaters. Particularly love when Tikay gets drawn into it. I have this mental image of him with his head in his hands going, "Nooooo, how did I get drawn in again?" The Shed has indeed gotten a bit rubbish. Whatever happened to Miwagi? Did he get banned or has he moved to Thailand for reasons I dare not even contemplate? EmEgg is a miss from there too.
    Posted by bandini
    Honest to God, I'll never open that Section again, ever.

I'd like to say I agree with every word of Dohhh's Post on this thread, but that would be somewhat off-message, so I won't...... 

• edited May 2011
    I'm voting General Poker Chat because it's where most of the competitions, banter and Tikay slandering happens. I'm a big fan of those.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The best section in the forum? : Honest to God, I'll never open that Section again, ever. I'd like to say I agree with every word of Dohhh's Post on this thread, but that would be somewhat off-message, so I won't......   
    Posted by Tikay10
    I just got in trouble from the boss for laughing like an idiot over this. Remembering that thread in A51 with you replying in it....... was sooooooo funny!!!

On topic - Poker clinic rocks my world.
  • edited May 2011
    My last post just made me think and i wish to change my answer. The best section of the site is the "Boss?? look busy" bit. Im sure he wonders why ive been working on the same graph for 2 years lol!!!
  • edited May 2011

I believe that Sky Poker announcements section is the best section on here with its hourly up dates of any news/latest software up dates/and tournament results as they happen.*

I also check this everyday to see when Tikay will eventually post on the 'boot camp' thread :))))

* nah, its the Shed really...esp AL's BAR!!!!   (spamming ftw)
  • edited May 2011
    The Shed used to be THE PLACE TO BE, but most of the contributors who made it that way have either gone AWOL or had their posting privileges withdrawn. was always guaranteed a laugh to liven up your day it used to be the first thing i went to each morning. So now it`s A51 although it`s not the Shed there are still some great posters in there, though whatever the OP`s are about it usually just descends into a personal slanging match and thread closures, come to think of it just like the original Shed ;-)
  • edited May 2011
     The Shed used to be first port of call, how-ever Sky sent in the Mod Police and started pushing people over, put a padlock on the door and thrown away the key. They are just sitting waiting to nab anyone for breaking and entering to jail then for life. You all know the missing players that were the Life Blood of the Shed and as yet only a few have come forward to regenerate it back to life. We need more Colourful Characters to talk about other things than Poker. The Shed was the place to unwind re-charge and get back out there.  Long Live the Shed.!   Hugs Annie x
    Posted by logdon
    maybe you stay in the shed like a good girl
  • edited May 2011
    i like
    Technical Queries
    you get a different clientele
  • edited May 2011
    I'm voting General Poker Chat because it's where most of the competitions, banter and Tikay slandering happens. I'm a big fan of those.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    +1 BBV close 2nd as its like someone has stired the clinic and area 51 in a couldron, son of a witch i lost another flip lol
  • edited May 2011
    Any section that has a post by me in it ;o)
  • edited May 2011
    Any section that doesn't have a 5 & 1 in its title:)
  • edited May 2011
    Any section that doesn't have a 5 & 1 in its title:)
    Posted by Kiwini4u

Does it scare you?

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The best section in the forum? : Honest to God, I'll never open that Section again, ever. I'd like to say I agree with every word of Dohhh's Post on this thread, but that would be somewhat off-message, so I won't......   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh we'll get you Tikay. We'll get you. (Evil laugh)
  • edited May 2011
    must admit i never posted in area 51 until 2mnths ago after nearly 3yrs here and now im hooked!! it goes from the sublime (elsa) to the ridiculas (ajw). it getssooo heated its addictive, a little stir here and there by dohhh and it all kicks off again. tin hats to chinese hackers, just dont get any better!   phil
  • edited May 2011
    This poll will officially close at 6pm tonight, any votes cast after this will be deemed invalid. The official result for the best forum section will be revealed by 7pm.
  • edited May 2011
    must admit i never posted in area 51 until 2mnths ago after nearly 3yrs here and now im hooked!! it goes from the sublime (elsa) to the ridiculas (ajw). it getssooo heated its addictive, a little stir here and there by dohhh and it all kicks off again. tin hats to chinese hackers, just dont get any better!   phil
    Posted by pod1
    lol .
  • edited May 2011
    Voted The Clinic because it teaches me so much about how other people think about the game and makes me realise how little I know about it. Area 51 was a close second though. Fantastic mix of lunatics, comedians and serious debaters. Particularly love when Tikay gets drawn into it. I have this mental image of him with his head in his hands going, "Nooooo, how did I get drawn in again?" The Shed has indeed gotten a bit rubbish. Whatever happened to Miwagi? Did he get banned or has he moved to Thailand for reasons I dare not even contemplate? EmEgg is a miss from there too.
    Posted by bandini
    yep got to admit my thread in area51 drew tikey in, was so funny when he was still replying after he posted my last post, lol
  • edited May 2011
    Sky poker Tour section at the moment with the live stream stream and thread