You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My poker game

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi

I am a okish cash play at 5/10 to 15/30 level, when im playing well i can grind out an ok amount, though sometimes i get bored a donk the money away. I also play tournaments  and can do especially well in a field of around 50 to a 100 (any bigger and i find it hard to hit the bubble). I think i am slightly better at tournament plays as i can be quite aggressive, which sometimes can be bad in cash when i try to get a good TAG of a hand. How do you guys adapt your style and has anyone who has played me got any pointers about how i could improve my game??

Comments

• edited May 2011

Firstly i would say if you ever get bored... leave the table your playing you will lose large amounts of money when you get bored.

But when i play tournaments i try to get in cheaply to see a flop when in early levels but get fairly aggressive when i have a big hand, then as levels go up i try to only play the big hands as many a time people will sove on the top of your raise.

With cash tables, especially at that level its better to play fairly tight due to people will still call you down with 2nd and 3rd pair because of the blind levels.

I try to play tourneys the same way i play lower level cash because it just seems to work for me.