You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you have done?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi. what would you have done in this situation....

500 bounty hunter.early in the game.. blinds 15 30... 2k in chips... get ace of hearts and  4 spades.... so i min raise+ to 65 and get 2 callers...

I have the button.

flop comes 10 clubs 4 hearts a clubs.
 2 pairs .... :D

scary flush poss....

one bets to 157.50 one folds..

so i re raise to 420

he flat calls
 turn comes queen hearts

i bet 500 see if i can scare him off his flush draw...
or his queen 9 or 10 jack.
he calls...

river comes 10 spades...

he goes all in.....

Do I CALL?

i have left 1127 chips.....

is he just reppin the 10?...  did he miss?

is it a call?

Let me know
Pattii

Comments

• edited May 2011
    surely if you call, your calling to split at best. with 1k back and blinds only 15/30 i fold..
  • edited May 2011
    For me If I'm going to play that hand there I make it 105 pre.  With that flop I 'm getting all my chips in by the turn.  River I likely make a crying call the pot being what is it or dig deep for a fold.  Never likely to be good.
  • edited May 2011
    bet more pre or fold

bet more on turn. Also you dont want his worse hands to fold

River is a fold, nearly all Ax beat you and the rest split
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to What would you have done?:
    Hi. what would you have done in this situation.... 500 bounty hunter.early in the game.. blinds 15 30... 2k in chips... get ace of hearts and  4 spades.... so i min raise+ to 65 and get 2 callers... I have the button. flop comes 10 clubs 4 hearts a clubs.  2 pairs .... :D scary flush poss.... one bets to 157.50 one folds.. so i re raise to 420 he flat calls  turn comes queen hearts i bet 500 see if i can scare him off his flush draw... or his queen 9 or 10 jack. he calls... river comes 10 spades... he goes all in..... Do I CALL? i have left 1127 chips..... is he just reppin the 10?...  did he miss? is it a call? Let me know Pattii
    Posted by PaTii
    After the first raise and call either shove on the turn or check fold. It is probably a losin situation. My 2 pair are beaten on a regular basis. But they are difficult to lay down. Near the bottom of the ladder with regards to good hands ie losin to straights or flush or trips. The problem being you don t get too many good hands in a tourny so may have to go with it as the next hand may be an hour away. Hope this is of some interest.
  • jgnjgn
    edited May 2011