You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Way to aggro continued played the other way? but more outs

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
so after the previous hand i tried playing bit slower but with so many outs shud i just get in on flop and can get villain to fold here alot aswell?>
bexhill Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £11.13
punxxs_13 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.42
  Your hole cards

oakley04 Fold     
MrMiyagi07 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £19.87
YOUNG_GUN Call  £0.20 £0.70 £44.95
bexhill Fold     
punxxs_13 Check     
Flop

• K

punxxs_13 Bet  £0.53 £1.23 £18.89
MrMiyagi07 Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  £1.41 £2.64 £43.54
punxxs_13 Raise  £4.40 £7.04 £14.49
YOUNG_GUN Call  £3.52 £10.56 £40.02
Turn

• Q

punxxs_13 All-in  £14.49 £25.05 £0.00
YOUNG_GUN Fold     
punxxs_13 Muck     
punxxs_13 Win  £10.03  £10.03
punxxs_13 Return  £14.49 £0.53 £24.52

Comments

• jgnjgn
    edited May 2011
     yes i think you should shove there on the flop even if he has a king you got 15 outs.
  • edited May 2011
    i hate pre as played im 100% getting it in on the flop, i think you played this hand terrible
  • edited May 2011
    I agree the hand i posted the other day was in my head at the time so lost my confidence of getting it in, even tho this is much stronger

reason i called pre as can flop big like i did was passive pre so didnt expect raise, i have been testing it today with various hands and limping at this level isnt too bad with position providing you know where your at
  • edited May 2011
    Yes I'm inclined to get this in on the flop. By the looks of it they have probably woken up with 2 pair on the flop because they love their hand, so i doubt they would fold. But yeh get it in!
  • jgnjgn
    edited May 2011
    i dont mind the pre flop play even its a limp!  even if someone raises you would call anyway you want a cheap flop with these cards.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Way to aggro continued played the other way? but more outs:
    I agree the hand i posted the other day was in my head at the time so lost my confidence of getting it in, even tho this is much stronger reason i called pre as can flop big like i did was passive pre so didnt expect raise, i have been testing it today with various hands and limping at this level isnt too bad with position providing you know where your at
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    so was your plan to limp in and give up if you dont hit big?
  • edited May 2011
    All in on the flop for me.

Although i think you have to raise or fold pre.
  • edited May 2011
    Don with a limper who is tight why would you raise pre we have 35?? limping is good as cheap way to see a flop and hit big

Nick you an @rs you really are get a life
  • edited May 2011
    lol was that attack on Nick all down to the stress caused by the picture? 

He's only 100xbb deep so obviously get it in on the flop.

He's got King 4 though.
  • edited May 2011
    Don with a limper who is tight why would you raise pre we have 35?? limping is good as cheap way to see a flop and hit big Nick you an @rs you really are get a life
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    hey im only asking what your plan for the hand was, its a reasonable question imo....
  • edited May 2011
    lol was that attack on Nick all down to the stress caused by the picture?  He's only 100xbb deep so obviously get it in on the flop. He's got King 4 though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    why cant i see this picture it says pending approval....do i need to be in some kind of club to get access???
  • edited May 2011
    press F5, or ctrl + F5
  • edited May 2011
    press F5, or ctrl + F5
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    will that blow my laptop up?
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry nick but sometimes your a bit shot of standard communications skills eg. the way you say it

Yes my plan was to hit dream flop as it came, but if you read what i put before i did say the previous hand i posted knocked my confidence of getting it in so played too slow. On the turn facing the all in i dont think i had the odds so i defo should have got in on flop
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry nick but sometimes your a bit shot of standard communications skills eg. the way you say it Yes my plan was to hit dream flop as it came, but if you read what i put before i did say the previous hand i posted knocked my confidence of getting it in so played too slow. On the turn facing the all in i dont think i had the odds so i defo should have got in on flop
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    this maybe so but calling me names and trying to insult me wont win you the money ;-)

you didnt get it in last hand either did you? i dont know why you posted this hand because you know its bad and you surely cant expect any positive feedback.........nice pic btw f5 ftw
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah your right pretty childish sorry about that lol

Previous hand i did get it in just not as many draws FML, nah i do appreciate you commentin tho and next time with extra draws then i wiill note this thread get it in on flop :)

of late seem to relate back to threads bit easier whilst playing and memory getting a tad better ( awaits dohhhh rubdown )
  • edited May 2011
      I hate the preflop limp here. By not raising on the button you have allowed the BB to play with any 2 cards so K4 and K2 and 42  are all within his range.

When you play hands like this it is unlikely that you will flop the entire world what you are really looking for is massive draws and that is what you have. On the flop you have 8 definate nut outs and 6 more that are very good.If this is not good enough for you to get your stack over the line at this point then i think you really should reconsider playing these types of hand in future. By flatting the reraise on the flop you have cut your odds in half because you now only have 1 card to hit before another bet is going to come at you.

So my conclusion.Preflop raise or fold, dont limp and hope to get lucky whilst letting the BB play for free. On the flop when the reraise comes get it all in because you have hit that flop as hard as you realistically can and you know that you have quite a few ways to win also because you outstack him you have limited liabilities in the hand with a good chance of stacking him.
  • edited May 2011
     FWIW  the odds are as follows ( not exact odds but close enough)
    with your starting hand.

Flopping a flush 117 to 1
     Flopping a straight 101 to 1
     Flopping oesd  12 to 1
     Flopping Flush draw 8 to 1

As i said before you are not realistically playing these hands to hit the made hand but to get the draws so when you pick up every draw in the book think about why you are playing the hand.
  • edited May 2011
    preflop fold or raise

flop you can flat ip if you like, once you 3bet you have to get it in which is prob how I play it
  • edited May 2011
    I dont understand why people are saying raise or fold pre if you can get in cheap with 3/5 do it, ok in some spots i dont mind opening with a raise but i tightish player has already limped in
  • edited May 2011
    what do you think tight players range is? I prob fold, but I think raising is better than limping
  • edited May 2011
    I dunno what range he would limp with if im being honest he is a tight player but not seen him limp before could be AK-Aj or small pocket pair up to 99 maybe even throw in KQ with intention to call a re-raise i'd imagine

purely just a guess tho as i havent played alot of pots with him but he hadn't really played any pots other then the odd raise every 2 rounds
  • edited May 2011
    tight players are normally fit or fold, they limp you raise and hopefully isolate them, flop comes they check you bet they fold you win money,

your way they limp you limp the blinds limp flop comes they check and you try to get to showdown with 5 high...hmmm sounds a good plan ;-)

terrible social skills ftw #makes a note# must get out more
  • edited May 2011
    at last i can see his baps!!!!!!