You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unraised pot - Whats going on?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Not much going on at the table, decided to call the button to see a flop, fold if i get RR from SB or BB.

Stopped the action when out of nowhere the pot has started to grow...

No read on opponent, not been at table long myself. (Think he doubled up early on AIPF with KK or something)

Should i flat or RR all in? Or should i think i am beat?

stienSmall blind £0.25£0.25£52.23XBig blind £0.50£0.75£96.00 Your hole cards4A   Lewis455Fold    Red_RobFold    gerrard9Fold    BradnockCall £0.50£1.25£60.81stienFold    XCheck    Flop  92J   XCheck    BradnockCheck    Turn  3   XCheck    BradnockCheck    River  5   XBet £1.25£2.50£94.75BradnockRaise £5.00£7.50£55.81XRaise £27.00£34.50£67.75

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Unraised pot - Whats going on?:
    Not much going on at the table, decided to call the button to see a flop, fold if i get RR from SB or BB. Stopped the action when out of nowhere the pot has started to grow... No read on opponent, not been at table long myself. (Think he doubled up early on AIPF with KK or something) Should i flat or RR all in? Or should i think i am beat? stien Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £52.23 X Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £96.00   Your hole cards 4 A       Lewis455 Fold         Red_Rob Fold         gerrard9 Fold         Bradnock Call   £0.50 £1.25 £60.81 stien Fold         X Check         Flop     9 2 J       X Check         Bradnock Check         Turn     3       X Check         Bradnock Check         River     5       X Bet   £1.25 £2.50 £94.75 Bradnock Raise   £5.00 £7.50 £55.81 X Raise   £27.00 £34.50 £67.75
    Posted by Bradnock
    First i think you should of raised pre, but as for the river i  shove if he got 46 good luck to him.
  • edited May 2011
    doubt im folding.  im def not raising.

do a middle button.

and fold/raise pre.  more inclinded to fold tbh
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Unraised pot - Whats going on?:
    doubt im folding.  im def not raising. do a middle button. and fold/raise pre.  more inclinded to fold tbh
    Posted by scotty77
    Your not raising this river scotty? we got the second nuts.
  • edited May 2011
    getting stax in even with the 2nd nuts in a totally unraised pot/checked round to the river is pretty bad IMO.
  • edited May 2011
    Obviously get it in on the river. I can't believe anyone would flat that river raise. 

Pre flop play reminds me of a 30nl player who's bough in for £4 and lost half his stack.
  • edited May 2011
    He either has 55 or 64, if he's a mong he might be overplaying 2 pair so I'd be more inclined to shove, if he's decent I'm going to flat.
  • edited May 2011
    Cheers for all the feedback.

He had the stone cold nuts.

Very unfortunate but as most have said a button raise may of got rid of his hand possibly.

Over a long period though i have to say i would think getting it all in is going to be +VE as he is just as likely to wake up with sets due to way it has played down the streets, check fest hoping for someone to stab at pot.