You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

it set on a loose table

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
right the tabl i am sat at is very  loose and i am probable the tightest player and the average pot is over £8. I have 33 and min raise as any more could get messy pre flop with players coming over the top, this happens and 4 of us are playing 5XBB. The flop comes with one high card a mid card and my 3 with a flush draw on. I put in a pot sized raise thinking there is a good chance someone has hit top pair here and a £4 raise here dont look like a set, well everyone folds and i pick up a small pot.

should i of tyied trapping or try to induce an overbet even though im trying to break the habbit of doing this.
IRISH1 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £32.47
BAGGPUSS Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £17.15
  Your hole cards

leon621 Raise  £0.40 £0.70 £24.68
hardman07 Raise  £1.00 £1.70 £38.22
IRISH1 Call  £0.90 £2.60 £31.57
BAGGPUSS Call  £0.80 £3.40 £16.35
leon621 Call  £0.60 £4.00 £24.08
Flop

• Q

IRISH1 Check     
BAGGPUSS Check     
leon621 Bet  £4.00 £8.00 £20.08
hardman07 Fold     
IRISH1 Fold     
BAGGPUSS Fold     
leon621 Muck     
leon621 Win  £3.80  £23.88
leon621 Return  £4.00 £0.20 £27.88

Comments

• edited May 2011
    sorry i cant spell im really tired lol
  • edited May 2011
    Chek to the raiser pre flop. If you wanna bet pot sized is too big, you've got a massive hand here.

• edited May 2011
    i like your reasoning pf, and i like leading out the flop, you could check to the raiser but does he cbet bluff into a 4handed flop??? prolly lol....yeah you can lead a bit smaller but i dont hate pot size bet at this level into 3 players, it does look like you have a big hand and protecting it...i think if they have a Q or FD they call anyway
  • edited May 2011
    prob get slated for this, but in this particular situation if you are very likely to get 3bet I might just limpcall pre. I check flop to the raiser, dont hate leading either though sizing is fine given reads
  • edited May 2011
    so its fair to say that in this situation iv not done much wrong, just unlucky that no one has hit at all. I could of checked as the initial raiser has not bet yet as he may make the pot bigger.

If im after the initial raiser and he checks should i also be checking to hope he hits the next card.

This hand has been bugging me as usually i have no issue getting paid in this sopt and now im a little rattled