You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

can some explain please wat isment by the term betting light i here alot of people say this person is 3 betting which i think i understand it is 3x bb or 3 qurters of pot correct? but what is the 3 bet light ty for your help many thanks

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to help:
    can some explain please wat isment by the term betting light i here alot of people say this person is 3 betting which i think i understand it is 3x bb or 3 qurters of pot correct? but what is the 3 bet light ty for your help many thanks
    Posted by pegleg24
    it just means 3 betting with a weak hand

p.s a three bet is when someone makes a bet someone els raises and then you re-raise making it a 3rd bet hence a 3-bet
  • edited May 2011
    3 betting is not 3 x'ng its the 3rd bet eg. raise, re-raise 3 bet , 4 bet and so on

light means they are doing it what is considered wider then the norm but that depends on the stakes and game you play tbf
  • edited May 2011
    many thx both helps alot
  • edited May 2011
    preflop a 3bet is a reraise, the BB is the first bet, a raise is the 2nd and then the reraise is 3rd bet i.e 3bet.

postflop is easier as it goes bet,raise,reraise the reraise is the 3bet.