You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bad value line with boat?

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Only at table for few hands so no reads. Im not too sure I like how I played any street here, so feel free to take my play apart, I'll post some of my reasoning after a few replies

grantorino Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.25
nozz3r Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £22.21
  Your hole cards

hammers101 Fold     
Call  £0.30 £0.75 £164.89
westslay23 Fold     
yupster69 Fold     
grantorino Raise  £1.35 £2.10 £27.90
nozz3r Fold     
Call  £1.20 £3.30 £163.69
Flop

grantorino Bet  £1.80 £5.10 £26.10
Raise  £3.60 £8.70 £160.09
grantorino Call  £1.80 £10.50 £24.30
Turn

grantorino Check     
Bet  £5.25 £15.75 £154.84
grantorino Call  £5.25 £21.00 £19.05
River

grantorino Check     
vBet  £21.00 £42.00 £133.84
grantorino All-in  £19.05 £61.05 £0.00
 Unmatched bet  £1.95 £59.10 £135.79

Comments

• edited May 2011
    maybe raise turn and check on river might leave some value behind, but decisions are marginal readless, but you got all his money = success
  • edited May 2011
    Imo i would have raised the turn, another diamond on the river is a potential action killer. There are many hands he would stack off with on the turn and slow down an a river diamond.

On the flip side he could be bluffing so raising the turn is devastating, calling the turn is best as he could easily rep most rivers esp a diamond. poker so hard esp when ur out of position :S

but got it in at the end cnt complain.
  • edited May 2011
    I'm assuming you got all his money, as results not posted. I hope you did anyway!
  • edited May 2011
    You're gonna be check folding and bet/folding alot of flops and turns playing 66 aggressively oop at this level on sky.

• edited May 2011
    I think raising pre is better, its much easier stack when I hit and I can take pots down pre or with cbets sometimes

Does c/r turn not look v strong after flush hits?

Also leading river makes my range look very strong, but yeah prob a lot of hands check back, how many call but dont bet?

I was more thinking 3betting the flop would be better oop
  • edited May 2011
    I agree with doh, i don't rly bother getting aggro with small pocket pairs oop, otherwise i like how you played it, i play hands like this sometimes n just let some clown hang themselves
  • edited May 2011
    i think i would just complete and keep BB in the hand, as he only limped in chances are he hasnt got a strong hand so less chance to stack off if we hit the set, but as played i like your line, i might lead out the river 6,ish which can get value from some hands that check behind and look like a blocker so there is room to bluff and obviously would expect flushes to shove too
  • edited May 2011

Thanks for replies, will rethink raising small pairs pre in this spot

I thought just 3betting flop might be better, what hands bet the turn that dont continue to a flop raise (obv thers some but nhow many), and if they call I can lead turn? Also a lot of turn cards might slow him down

Villain turned up with TT, I'm off to Area 51 (BTW the fact he outdrew me is not why I think raising flop might be better, I never want him to fold)

• edited May 2011
    Raise pre is good if your mindset is to win a bigger pot when you hit ya set so you inflate the pot as a speculative move, could be looked as a spewy raise if overpairs come and your OOP and check/fold a lot.
    Played fine, he must have overpair ? If so think it plays the same no matter what you do.

You could check the flop but a lead is good.
  • edited May 2011

played perfectly imo.