You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pocket 10's on the bubble

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Ok, just made the final table which is down to 9 players at my local poker league. I have a med stack, of about 12k with 1 or 2 players only having about 2bb's and just hanging in on the bubble for the points. I know most of the guys, apart form the guy to my right, who has aprox 16k.

Previous two hands, i've just stolen a few blinds with no one resisting. Blinds are 500/1K I'm utg+2, and looking at 10,10. Player to my right opens with a min raise to 2k. Based on my previous hands I decide to flat call, every one else folds.

Flop is dry and no over cards, 1st to go, he bets out 4k. I'm thinking he's paired up with board and or is probably trying to take down the pot.

I'm now thinking, if i flat call again he may improve, so shove. He calls and shows KK, which held up.

Ok so i walked straight into this one, and take a sharp exit, gutted.

I've tried to think how else this could been played where i sussed he had me beat, without costing me the game, but keep ending with the same conclusion. Apart from folding pre, i don't think i was ever getting away the pocket 10's based on his actions.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Mac

Comments

• edited May 2011
    you have 12BB and TT, snapshove pre readless imo, even more so if you have been active recently. If you really want you can prob fold( seems supernitty to me), dont like calling even a minraise though

Once the flop comes dry , shoving is fine. This deep TT v KK = cooler
  • edited May 2011
    im folding pre im not getting involved in a big pot at this stage when theres two very short stacks in. Its at a stage where people shove or fold so a min raise followed by a value bet looks strong and even if i think im ahead im playing this hand very carefully as your practically in the money if you play a little nitty.
  • edited May 2011
    shove pre is dam standard, or fold - calling is horrible
    you could play really nitty and fold to the open where he may have a big pr or a hand he is not folding
    But with the shove you may fold some of his range 9'S or less, AJ, KQ etc...
    You may even get a crazy call from 9's or less where he puts you on AK,AQ
  • edited May 2011

I shove pre as i'm trying to win it and not just make the cash
  • edited May 2011

Shove pre if u go ftw i would

if you wanna min cash and happy to let go then fold but that is super nitty

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Pocket 10's on the bubble:

With 2 shorts and it's OTB i'm def folding here. Kinda depends on how the "winner" had been playing previous tho, tight/lairy?  I'm also thinking pos wise JJ would be my limit for calling.

HTH

Pad
  • edited May 2011
    Cheers guys.

I know it was a poor call pre flop. Should have been a shove or fold. Think a fold pre would be far to nitty as i had no info on the guy and was going for the win with a double up.

Cheers

Mac
  • edited May 2011
    12bb, 10 and a 10 is a snap shove fist pump pre flop.

At this stage of a tournament it is a dream hand that is so easy to play that you cannot possibly play wrong if u just jam.

You shouldnt be thinkin about the short stacks with a premium hand in this situation. U need all the chippies to win the tournament and that is where the wonga is, and you dont get all the chippies by being a nit and folding top hands in perfect spots.

U were just UL to run into kk.

Get it in pre and go home knowing u were UL but played perfectly.