You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Horrid spot for my tourny

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
zombibonmb Small blind  800.00 800.00 34527.49
RogueCell Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 20225.01
  Your hole cards

bigal36903 Fold     
dampdemon Call  1600.00 4000.00 52540.00
zombibonmb Call  800.00 4800.00 33727.49
RogueCell Check     
Flop

• Q

zombibonmb Check     
RogueCell Check     
dampdemon Bet  1600.00 6400.00 50940.00
zombibonmb Call  1600.00 8000.00 32127.49
RogueCell Call  1600.00 9600.00 18625.01
Turn

• J

zombibonmb All-in  32127.49 41727.49 0.00
????????

What do people think here?  Obviously I have the nut straight but any 2 random spades are crushing me.  No solid reads on player, but thought was quite capable of limping in from SB with any 2 suited.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    call for me, if he had flush why overbet all in?
  • edited May 2011
    I'm throwing this one away. There's still one to act behind you and they could both be chasing the flush.
  • edited May 2011
    he has to have the flush there shoving 32k into 2 oppo 1 having him crushed chip wise, id put money on it. he probably has a small suited connector and  likely to be afraid of another spade commin on the river. it is a horrid spot with a player behind too, u could call hopin hes a donk or/and belive your 10s may be good enough for the re-draw if your wrong. if i was playing well i would fold here, so most of the time i would call lol 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Horrid spot for my tourny:
    call for me, if he had flush why overbet all in?
    Posted by mattless
    this
  • edited May 2011
    I fold bad players seem to snap shove with the nuts for some reason, lots of chips left so pick a better spot and wait for more reads imo

altho hard one to fold really
  • edited May 2011
    fold or raise flop, I would fold. How can you justify calling, esp if you are not happy with Js?

I snap the turn

Edit:misread stack sizes, maybe you can call flop but its pretty marginal. Definitely shove pre
  • edited May 2011
    Being hyper aggro at these stages I would find it very hard not to jam in their ugly faces preflop and take down the free 5k already in there.
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    call and shut your eyes :) coin flip
  • edited May 2011
    Grantorino:  stop being so critcal.  I am BB here.  Methinks you just enjoy being critical.
  • edited May 2011
    RogueCell: Dont post hands if you dont want advice. I dont particularly like being critical, I'm just giving my thoughts, you are free to make of them what you will

I think shoving pre is best

Once you check, calling flop is marginal given low stacksizes, your implied odds are limited by stacksizes. I misread stacksizes and betsizes 1st time its prob just about ok to call

Given the pot odds you have got I am never folding, you have best hand lots
  • edited May 2011
    RogueCell: Dont post hands if you dont want advice. I dont particularly like being critical, I'm just giving my thoughts, you are free to make of them what you will I think shoving pre is best Once you check, calling flop is marginal given low stacksizes, your implied odds are limited by stacksizes. I misread stacksizes and betsizes 1st time its prob just about ok to call Given the pot odds you have got I am never folding, you have best hand lots
    Posted by grantorino
    whats wrong with calling the flop with a gutshot....sorry i ment a gutshot with a dirty out
  • edited May 2011
    Yep thanks N1ck was waiting for that and you didn't disappoint.  Had to be you.  I dunno.  Basically I screwed up here.  I was just wondering whether N1ck and grantorino have ever approved anyone else's play?
  • edited May 2011
    Yep thanks N1ck was waiting for that and you didn't disappoint.  Had to be you.  I dunno.  Basically I screwed up here.  I was just wondering whether N1ck and grantorino have ever approved anyone else's play?
    Posted by RogueCell
    im sorry i take my comment back...you played this hand brilliantly...happy?
  • edited May 2011
    Rogue i actually think your getting the right odds or close to on the flop to call on the gutshot normally. However because you are going to hate on of the Jacks i would rather you jammed pre or on the flop.

The turn is so sick. You do have the 10 of spades, but even still you can be drawing dead. I suspect opponent has a set but the guy behind could easily have a flush.

ARGHH sick spot.

I think its a fold tbh. But that means i usually call lol.
  • edited May 2011
    12 Bigs why would she be shoving here? i dont like that option really, i prob fold on flop as bit of a long shot altho you are getting the price. problem with the turn card they could easily have flush any of the 2 left in so i would still fold even though sometimes your be ahead
  • edited May 2011
    Hey guys

Its a call in my opinion. reasons being...

If dampedon has a flush draw i dont think he bets 1/3 of pot on the flop. he either checks for a free card or bets closer to 3/4 of pot to shove others off the hand.

Zombi i think would either check raise the flop on a flush or flat call flop check turn with intentions of raising any bet. If he has a flush its a clever play because it looks like its a steal and with no reads im not giving him credit for being too clever.

with it only 4 handed and you having 11ish BBs behind, 9600 in the middle before the shove from zombi makes it a call from me.

what did you do out of interest and what happened? (apologies if you have already said the outcome.)

• edited May 2011
    are u jokeing roque just shove close your eyes and pray useally works for u :)
  • edited May 2011
    OK.  Thanks YG and Don and everyone else who managed to be constructive.  The bigstack here was min betting EVERY flop hence my call.  His min bet meant nothing.  Hell against him I thought my Ts and 9s were outs.

I folded but as soon as I had done so I was just hating it.  You know how sometimes your gut instinct kicks in when you've made the decision?

@scrumdown: lol.  Not such a luckbox Rogue this time.  But plenty of others :)
  • edited May 2011

Thank you N1CK.  Quite why you feel so able to rub everyone else on this site down is beyond me.

• edited May 2011
    I wud just shove pre flop. Button limps and sb completes its pretty weak just stick it in there eye.

As played to get to the turn i dont fold. Readless i wud think he very rarely shoves a flush, and we cant make the call on the flop, hit one of our 4 outs and then fold?

If you think you are getting the right price to call the gutterball on the flop, u are including the jack of spades, otherwise we arent getting the right price to make the call and shud fold the flop.

But at the turn its a pretty easy call i wud think.

(only my thoughts, i dont want to come across in a negative way)
  • edited May 2011
    Thanks Dan, knew I'd effed it up :)