You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
readless on opponent when this happens.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
NEOPHYTE Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.24
minuteman Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.52
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

swinian Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.10
anthony507 Fold     
jeffsjacks Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.24 £0.34 £3.70
NEOPHYTE Fold     
minuteman All-in  £4.52 £4.86 £0.00
swinian Fold     
The_Don90 ?????

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Snap call readless
  • edited May 2011
    Yh another one of those you just have to just call and make a good note on him, would be pretty crazy for him to have a bigger pair doing this so worst case looks like AK.
  • edited May 2011
    Looks like AK to me also.  I dont neccessarily call, but I'm a nit that likes an advantage.  Potentially a needless flip. 

Tricky w/o read.  Could be 9's from a douche.
  • edited May 2011
    Yep, I hate it but I snap call here readless. Make notes regardless of outcome.

I know I always say it, but at NL4 hes just as likely to have 84os as QQ+
  • edited May 2011
    thanks guys i wonty post result quite yet. After playing longer it became clear he was one of those annoying players who wouldnt give up a BB.

If it wasnt NL4 this thread also doesnt exsist so im glad you guys are commenting based on that.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove:
    thanks guys i wonty post result quite yet. After playing longer it became clear he was one of those annoying players who wouldnt give up a BB. If it wasnt NL4 this thread also doesnt exsist so im glad you guys are commenting based on that.
    Posted by The_Don90
    why is that?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : why is that?
    Posted by N1CK
    because away from NL4 its a fold isnt it?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : because away from NL4 its a fold isnt it?
    Posted by The_Don90
    no. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : because away from NL4 its a fold isnt it?
    Posted by The_Don90
    is it?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : is it?
    Posted by N1CK
    scotty says its not maybe im looking at things too seriously.

Scotty what kind of range do you pt the opponent on readless?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : scotty says its not maybe im looking at things too seriously. Scotty what kind of range do you pt the opponent on readless?
    Posted by The_Don90
    readless means its a call.  cant really be thinking he'd shove with AA/KK so we're up against 88 thru to QQ AK/AQ and as its 4nl KQs/AJs/ and prob any pair.

on the whole the decisions shouldn't change because of the stakes tho.  if you are well rolled then calls like this are easy. 
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : readless means its a call.  cant really be thinking he'd shove with AA/KK so we're up against 88 thru to QQ AK/AQ and as its 4nl KQs/AJs/ and prob any pair. on the whole the decisions shouldn't change because of the stakes tho.  if you are well rolled then calls like this are easy. 
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks for the responce scotty.

I actually think NL4 is different for alot of other forms of poker. Ranges do widen, but you can also tighten them, remember people do over bet the nuts here. So i think we can include AA/KK into his range.

Howevr your responce makes a lot of sense and i will take it on board.
  • edited May 2011
    AA/KK is probably 1% of their range and thats being kind often people will underbet these hands as they are frightened to scare people of at nl4, going by what your saying did they have AA/KK? pretty ul if he did and note jams with the nuts :)
  • edited May 2011
    It is getting difficult to judge at nl4 as at the moment I've seen an increasing trend to go allin with pocket pairs especially aces due to people's wide calling range pre flop. Then again I've also seen the allin with 7s through to 10s and AK,AQ especially if suited and those who just think there is an allin button only!

So a difficult one but on balance I'd close my eyes and call especially as it is readless. If you are unlucky then you can say "nh", after you've kicked the cat of course.
  • edited May 2011
    Definite call v BB readless. Take a note then follow him around.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : readless means its a call.  cant really be thinking he'd shove with AA/KK so we're up against 88 thru to QQ AK/AQ and as its 4nl KQs/AJs/ and prob any pair. on the whole the decisions shouldn't change because of the stakes tho.  if you are well rolled then calls like this are easy. 
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi Scotty, i have played a bit at this level when i first started and i have to disagree, loads of times you make the call and they turn over AA or KK. This is a typical play at this level, most will see the standard raise from Don as a sign of huge strength and shove straight away. Anything other than a limp in means the nuts in my experience at this level. Its a strange world but i used to call with JJ at this level and get beat more often than not. Walesboy plays alot and he will know more than most. Still, i prob call anyway! lol
  • edited May 2011

snapcall, reload for when his K6 outflops u

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 facing 3-bet 100BB shove : Hi Scotty, i have played a bit at this level when i first started and i have to disagree, loads of times you make the call and they turn over AA or KK. This is a typical play at this level, most will see the standard raise from Don as a sign of huge strength and shove straight away. Anything other than a limp in means the nuts in my experience at this level. Its a strange world but i used to call with JJ at this level and get beat more often than not. Walesboy plays alot and he will know more than most. Still, i prob call anyway! lol
    Posted by DrSharp
    no offence mate but thats wrong, i think that could be your thinking not the way it is. like i say the odd occasion they can have KK/AA here but not often enough to be weary in this spot. if they do show up with aces/kings etc then just note it down and reload. more often then not vs random you will be crushing them here
  • edited May 2011
    Snap readless at any stake
  • edited May 2011
    I snap it off too.
  • edited May 2011
    I always snap these and more often they have ace rag/ mid pr.

Sometimes your going run into a big pr but hey make a note and move on.
    At least you can win your money back v this player as there play is very transparent