You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your next 3 live shows on 865

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat

OK folks- SPT in the bag and now onwards and ever upwards with another 3 live nights of pokertainment this week on Channel 865.

This Thursday-

Anna and Carlo resume their white hot love affair (I haven't had the opportunity to say the phrase 'get a room' so aptly since I saw Tikay leafing through 'The Oxford Illustrated History of Pylons' a few months back). Look! They're even leaning the same way, for crying out loud! I feel faintly queazy...

But! To throw cold water on them and generally sit between them like a giant human-sized contraceptive is UK poker player par excellence:

Marc Goodwin!

A GUKPT winner and EPT runner-up in Barcelona (taking down over three quarters of a million dollars), Marc has been a major force on the circuit since the early 90s.

Get his take on Sky Poker's players and play this Thursday night at 8pm in the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Saturday night-

...sees another love affair resume. Tikay and I. Or, to tilt Tikay with bad grammar, me and Tikay.

We'll be hosting a whole night of cash from 9pm, inc. of course Top of the Pots.

And then on Sunday- 

no cold water required. Anna hooks up with Tikay for The Sunday Night Primo from 9pm.

That's your lineup- come and be part of it on the night! :)

Oh, and don’t forget- still to come this month…

ACTIONJACK THURSDAY!!!

Thursday 19th May. Don’t miss it!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Chipless Rich and Action Jack Thursday. Can't wait!!!
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Rich

It was absolutely fantastic to finally meet you on Saturday Rich, had a wonderful day, just a brilliant time to have a migraine attack lololol.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865:
    Hi Rich It was absolutely fantastic to finally meet you on Saturday Rich, had a wonderful day, just a brilliant time to have a migraine attack lololol.
    Posted by acebarry10
    met him for the first time myself, awesome guy he really is. still cant believe he folds A10 to a 4BB shove from me lol.
  • edited May 2011
    Chipless Rich and Action Jack Thursday. Can't wait!!!
    Posted by Mohican

I knew 'Chipless Rich' would stick! Sigh...
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Rich It was absolutely fantastic to finally meet you on Saturday Rich, had a wonderful day, just a brilliant time to have a migraine attack lololol.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Cheers Baz, the pleasure was all mine. It was like meeting Sky Poker royalty! I wasn't sure you actually existed until Saturday! Nice to chat to you and what a shame you had to leave whilst still in the main event. Was gutted to hear the news. Life sucks eh?

Hope it's given you the bug for the SPT though and we see you for longer at the next one! :)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : met him for the first time myself, awesome guy he really is. still cant believe he folds A10 to a 4BB shove from me lol.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Lol- yeah, nice meeting you too Don. And you can rest assured I'll be widening my range next time I play you. Anything above 7-2 off is good I reckon.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Lol- yeah, nice meeting you too Don. And you can rest assured I'll be widening my range next time I play you. Anything above 7-2 off is good I reckon.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Haha yeah, shhh dnt tell anyone i cant get my bluffs through anymore as it is lol. Well done on that side event win mate. Really wish i hadnt tilted after folding those Queens, could have gave you a little run.
  • edited May 2011
    Well done on that side event win mate, here, here
  • edited May 2011

Side event win? He never mentioned it. Well, only 16 zillion times. I'm dreading Saturday. Might bring in some sound-deadening headphones.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Haha yeah, shhh dnt tell anyone i cant get my bluffs through anymore as it is lol. Well done on that side event win mate. Really wish i hadnt tilted after folding those Queens, could have gave you a little run.
    Posted by The_Don90

Mate, that QQ laydown was the tightest fold in the history of poker. Not meant as a rubdown. I'm just saying...Tightest. Fold. Ever. ;)

• edited May 2011
    Side event win? He never mentioned it. Well, only 16 zillion times. I'm dreading Saturday. Might bring in some sound-deadening headphones.
    Posted by Tikay10

Richard Orford- winner of the first ever SPT side event.

Has a nice ring to it, Tikay, don't you think?

I'll inform Mandy so she can adjust the name-strap on screen when the show starts on Saturday.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Mate, that QQ laydown was the tightest fold in the history of poker. Not meant as a rubdown. I'm just saying...Tightest. Fold. Ever. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Yea was a bit nitty. But 3 opponents already all in, i thought one of them had to have AA or KK.

Oh will the SPT highlights be in with these shows mate?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Yea was a bit nitty. But 3 opponents already all in, i thought one of them had to have AA or KK. Oh will the SPT highlights be in with these shows mate?
    Posted by The_Don90
    Not sure, Don. 

Depends how quickly the team can edit the vast amounts of footage we got. 

Hopefully Tikay will actually do some work today and find out for you, as he's in the office right now. Probably on DuckTube.
  • edited May 2011
    cheers rich. Im just curious to watch it. I understand you guys have to edit it all down. The amount that went on was just incredible.
  • edited May 2011

I assume there will be no highlights of the other tournament :-)

• edited May 2011
    I assume there will be no highlights of the other tournament :-)
    Posted by gixxerk4
    What, you mean the main event that Bromley won? There may be one or two hands... ;)
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Mate, that QQ laydown was the tightest fold in the history of poker. Not meant as a rubdown. I'm just saying...Tightest. Fold. Ever. ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    so we have a second nit in house, gregghogg must be teaching don ??
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Not sure, Don.  Depends how quickly the team can edit the vast amounts of footage we got.  Hopefully Tikay will actually do some work today and find out for you, as he's in the office right now. Probably on DuckTube.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I believe Mother told me that she is trying to arrange for it to be Edited in time to be aired on Thursday of NEXT week. The Sky Poker UK Cash Game is currently taking all the resource.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : Richard Orford- winner of the first ever SPT side event . Has a nice ring to it, Tikay, don't you think? I'll inform Mandy so she can adjust the name-strap on screen when the show starts on Saturday.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You were down to a chip and a chair at one stage when i came over to observe your table and showboated that i had doubled-up (obviously we won't discuss how brilliantly i did in that side event *sigh*) but i am assuming there will be now a 1 hour special on 865 to highlight Orford's finest poker achievement (or if Tikay has his way 1 second!).

Either way, many congrats Rich.

That is all!........................................
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Your next 3 live shows on 865 : I believe Mother told me that she is trying to arrange for it to be Edited in time to be aired on Thursday of NEXT week. The Sky Poker UK Cash Game is currently taking all the resource. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah many thanks Tikay. If possible i may ask for this to be confirmed nearer the time as i usually go to a live game on Thursdays but if its aired i may not.

Oh i mind you mentioning these at the SPT, when are these likley to be aired as they sound rather interesting.
  • edited May 2011
    Cant wait to watch the SPT highlights and the show with Paul Jackson on.

Also Tikay, What is the Sky Poker UK cash game?
  • edited May 2011
    Cant wait to watch the SPT highlights and the show with Paul Jackson on. Also Tikay, What is the Sky Poker UK cash game?
    Posted by JBuss
     They have filmed a live studio cash game.
  • edited May 2011
    Is there any word on who played in the cash game? I don't recall seeing anything posted on the site.
  • edited May 2011
    Sounds Good, Any Ideas when this will be aired and who took part?
  • edited May 2011

Those who took part in the Sky Poker UK Cash Game include.......

Jamie Burland

Neil Channing

Carlo Citrone

Ian Fraser

Paul Jackson

Redmond Lee

Nik Persaud

Sam Razavi

Wayne Rideout

Julian Thew

Not a bad starting line-up.......
  • edited May 2011
    Mega! Thanks Tikay
  • edited May 2011

When? Later this month, fingers crossed.

We start adding the commentary at 9am tomorrow, Orford & myself will be locked in a Voice-Over booth for two consecutive 10 hour days, groan.

An incredible amount of work has gone into editing 20+ hours of cash game into, I think, 8 x 2 hour Shows, which Mother has been doing for 2 or 3 weeks non-stop now.
  • edited May 2011
    When? Later this month, fingers crossed. We start adding the commentary at 9am tomorrow, Orford & myself will be locked in a Voice-Over booth for two consecutive 10 hour days, groan. An incredible amount of work has gone into editing 20+ hours of cash game into, I think, 8 x 2 hour Shows, which Mother has been doing for 2 or 3 weeks non-stop now.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Just remember to use all the proper Norman Chad poker terminology such as 'Squadoosh' and 'Whamboozled'
  • edited May 2011
    Tikay do you know if in future maybe one smaller stake player would be able to qualify in ?
  • edited May 2011

That's the general idea, Don, yes.

News about the whole thing is sort of embargoed at present, So I'd best not comment further for the moment, but it will be in the domain soon.