You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Miffed at getting crushed by a donkey. Best line???

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
As much detail as possible then.

Playing £100 FO live.  19 runners.  Pays top 3. Gtd 2.5k, £1400 £650 £450.

Starting stack 10k blinds run pretty well incremented, at 24 min intervals.

Pretty standard play throughout, I get to FT easily enough with a average stack.  Get to the bubble 4 handed with the chip lead.  Stack sizes are:

Myself 88k
Luckbox 57k
Random guy 25k
other random guy 20k.

Blinds 2k/4k, ante 600ish.  I've been getting a lot of cards and hitting a lot of flops.  No real reads on opponents as dont know them.  Short stacks games are pretty weak but the hands that follow dont need reads, just play themselves.

Am in the SB, short stacks fold.  I find A's.  BB is very aggressive, but bad aggressive, holding the 57k.  I step out a little and flat hoping for a raise, wheras normally i make it an even 10k to go.  He wastes no time in making in 18k total to go.  He's effectively committed himself so I put him in, he insta calls, proudly showing JQo..........

10K46...9 

I bite my tongue and refuse to tilt.  I have to feel like its played perfect as he get his stack in crushed, I'm holding a quater of his outs but still...Perhaps I could have avioded it by not flatting.  Got to feel from his confidence with JQ, he'd of jammed any raise I made anyhow :(

Few hands later I pick up K's on the button.I only have around 30k left.  I dont want to pick up the blinds so stupidly step out again going for the double up, min to 8k, hoping to get jammed on.  Donkey calls from the SB.  Flop comes down 59J.  He checks, I bet half my remaining stack, he puts me in I call, he shows 59, I miss.

Preventible with stronger pre flop play I have to feel.  But I should love the spot with A's, but felt like I had to gamble the double up with K's.  Grrrrrrrrrr. 

Do you play the spots different?

Comments

• edited May 2011
    hand 1 - all good

hand 2 - all good just unlucky
  • edited May 2011
    To be honest bud you'd picked up so many hands and been connecting so well it was hard to give you credit.  You'd flopped top set what, 6 times?

I spoke to "donkey" afterwards and he said he knew you'd completed the blind strong, but just felt it was 10's or lower so was happy to flip for a chance to win 1st place money.  Pretty grim though.  By the look on your face you knew you were behind when he put you in (holding K's) so maybe you could have folded looking for 3rd place cash.

UL tho "statto" :p
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah folding K's there would have been an option..............11k into 63k on a Jhigh unco-ordinated board. 

I'm unlikey to cash with effectively 2bb's going onto the bb bud nxt hand.  I'm in "blind".

• edited May 2011
    hand1 i would open my standard amount blind on blind
    hand 2 i just open shove with 6 bigs

you got the action you wanted on both hands so wp ul gg
  • edited May 2011
    This is the thing Nick, I feel like I should have done exactly what you say.  Will openly agree with you for once :P

I shouldnt have got tricky with it, served no purpose other than to maybe show off, so in my egotistical little soul, I know I likely deserved it.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Miffed at getting crushed by a donkey. Best line???:
    This is the thing Nick, I feel like I should have done exactly what you say.  Will openly agree with you for once :P I shouldnt have got tricky with it, served no purpose other than to maybe show off, so in my egotistical little soul, I know I likely deserved it.
    Posted by AMYBR
    i you feel they are that bad were you will get the action the way you played it then you did nothing wrong
  • edited May 2011
    Hand 1 perfect pretty grim

hand2 just shove no need to get fancy with 6BB is it? dont think you can fold on that flop either pretty ul still but prefer jamming tehy call you alot wider because of your stack your pretty much saying you have aces/kings face up by the way you played it
  • edited May 2011
    I think that that was kind of my intention.  I think the A's hand get under my skin a little.  He doesnt spike the 9 I go 3way with 7/1 chip lead.  Easy win mostly.  Just really annoyed with the JQ though.  When I complete the blind then 3 bet allin he has to know he's crushed.  Despite what ilove2h8poker says he says, he's just not beating anything!! grrrrrr.  (bit raw, was last night)

I guess I just wanted to punish him with the K's, which was just dumb.  Kind of went against my instincts so I must have been steaming still.

I did feel strongly that he'd raise out of the BB when i was holding A's, but I should have made it my normal raise regardless I guess

With the K's I distinctively remember thinking that I didnt just want the blinds, that I'd have to gamble the double up.

• edited May 2011
    Aces hand you dont nothing wrong as your read was correct he re-raised and got in praying for a miracle which he unfortunately got

2nd hand your forgiven i believe we call that tilt lol after you have done similar trick with aces pretty does make your hand transparent so i prefer the jam but obviously wasn't meant to be, feels sicker live in my experiance these bad beats lol