You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

post flop pain in the......neck

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
the villain has made some very questionable moves at the table, limping along with a straight, raising way out of proportion on many flops, and turn cards. I dont raise as this is likely going to be a big pot pre on this table anyhow. I have 65s and hit 2nd pair with a flush draw i pot size raise the pot and the villain jams as he has done on too many occasions for my liking, i have him on top pair or 2nd pair very good kicker so he's ahead, player after is a short stack and calls, im so frustrated by the villain i insta call and lose. Am i right to call or should i of really took a moment and thought about this as im actually against two players not one.
1966char01 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.03
bullshop4 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.04
  Your hole cards

biggs10 Fold     
beeasyonme Call  £0.08 £0.20 £22.16
daddyo48 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £6.84
keegans91 Fold     
1966char01 Call  £0.20 £0.64 £7.83
bullshop4 Call  £0.16 £0.80 £2.88
beeasyonme Call  £0.16 £0.96 £22.00
Flop

1966char01 Check     
bullshop4 Check     
beeasyonme Bet  £0.96 £1.92 £21.04
daddyo48 Fold     
1966char01 All-in  £7.83 £9.75 £0.00
bullshop4 All-in  £2.88 £12.63 £0.00
beeasyonme Call  £6.87 £19.50 £14.17
1966char01 Show
  • J

bullshop4 Show
  • A
  • Q

beeasyonme Show

Turn

• J

River

1966char01 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 9s £18.10  £18.10

Comments

• edited May 2011
    as played never folding getting those odds

I dont really like pre, I prefer raising or folding. I also dont like leading flop if there is a good chance you get raised
  • edited May 2011
    As grantorino says, cant really fold with the odds. Nothing wrong imo. Looks like you had a good session anyway.

I have come across villain before. Can be a pain but just be patient and the right situation will come.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: post flop pain in the......neck:
    as played never folding getting those odds I dont really like pre, I prefer raising or folding. I also dont like leading flop if there is a good chance you get raised
    Posted by grantorino
    Just as an afterthought, at this level you can sometimes get away with limping to see a cheap flop. It is preferable to come in with a raise and take the hand by the scruff of the neck but is it so bad if you can get away with limping with marginal hands?
  • edited May 2011
    right am i not right to lead out here as if i hit big on the turn or the river then my hand is well disguised, you see the only way the villain is reraising is if he hits the flop in any kind of way unless he has a set IMO, so i am hoping he has missed and leaves this one alone. As for the limp at the start my reasoning behind this is if i raise i am likely going to be facing a large 3 bet in which case i will only be against one other player and i prefer this kind of hand to play against more opponents.
  • edited May 2011
    As grantorino says, cant really fold with the odds. Nothing wrong imo. Looks like you had a good session anyway. I have come across villain before. Can be a pain but just be patient and the right situation will come.
    Posted by DrSharp
    i had a very good session until this hand followed by another FD/gut shot straight draw coming up against the cutest played aces iv ever seen followed by another FD/up and down straight draw and obviously missing on all 3, law of averages ay
  • edited May 2011
    . I also dont like leading flop if there is a good chance you get raised
    Posted by grantorino
    ???
  • edited May 2011
    other then pre i like how you played it, why did you limp/call? did you have a read that one of them would re-raise it and cheaper to call/call?

if no then i wouldnt mind the raise pre if your going to play standard 3x
  • edited May 2011
    right am i not right to lead out here as if i hit big on the turn or the river then my hand is well disguised, you see the only way the villain is reraising is if he hits the flop in any kind of way unless he has a set IMO, so i am hoping he has missed and leaves this one alone. As for the limp at the start my reasoning behind this is if i raise i am likely going to be facing a large 3 bet in which case i will only be against one other player and i prefer this kind of hand to play against more opponents.
    Posted by beeasyonme
    yep my limp reasoning young gun is in this post i thought i posted it in the original post but i can see how that can get misread
  • edited May 2011
    Oh right sorry i missed it, did you edit it ;) yeah played fine then imo