You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Synchronised breaks

Any plans for having synchronised tournament breaks, e.g at 55mins past each hour? Would certainly help multi-tablers.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, only joined sky poker on Saturday and have been impressed so far.

Comments

• edited May 2011

Hi Knightfork

Welcome to Sky Poker and the community.

This is something we are certainly considering introducing.

Thanks
    Sky Poker Team
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Synchronised breaks:
    Any plans for having synchronised tournament breaks, e.g at 55mins past each hour? Would certainly help multi-tablers. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, only joined sky poker on Saturday and have been impressed so far.
    Posted by knightfork
    I'll second this suggestion, syncronized breaks for MTT's are critical when you are playing several simultaneously. 
  • edited May 2011
    +1

Would be very useful for players who like to multi-table across sites.
  • edited May 2011
    +10000000

IM BEGGING THIS HAPPENS SOON.

p.s can we get breaks added for STTs that take forever.
  • edited May 2011

I would ask for longer breaks. 5 mins is not long to make a drink or empty the last one out and sometimes they are cut short if you are in a long hand.

• edited June 2011

Can anyone tell me if this any nearer to being implemented?

Are we talking days? weeks? months? years?

I desperately need this break when multi-tabling MTT's!

Thanks.

• edited June 2011

In Response to breaks:
    I would ask for longer breaks. 5 mins is not long to make a drink or empty the last one out and sometimes they are cut short if you are in a long hand.
    Posted by tiercel
    Don't think they are cut short as the break doesn't start until all players have finished playing their hands.

• edited June 2011
    defo nitemare on mondays in dtd if running well, how am i expected to cross my legs for three hours
  • edited June 2011
    would be nice to see a 'we are gonna synchronise breaks' rather than just 'considering'
  • edited June 2011
    In Response to Re: Synchronised breaks:
    would be nice to see a 'we are gonna synchronise breaks' rather than just 'considering'
    Posted by Codex
    Yes a timeframe of how long it's going to take to be implemented will be nice.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi,

This is on the development road map, we understand the pros and cons and it is currently being considered but is not high priority. So it is impossible to give any timeframe.
    We will let you know more when possible but this is not a definite at the moment.

Regards
    Lee
  • edited June 2011
    Hi, This is on the development road map, we understand the pros and cons and it is currently being considered but is not high priority. So it is impossible to give any timeframe. We will let you know more when possible but this is not a definite at the moment. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Ty for responding Lee. I imagine im not speaking alone when i say please make this High Priority. I know the MTT Grinders arent exactly the best at paying you guys the rake compared to the STT and Cash grinders but i think more of us would play more tournaments if we knew we had 5 minutes breather every hour. I know i would certainly play mtts on sky again along with my other games from elsewhere if the break time matched. Im sure others would too (55 past the hour to match btw) I struggle to play on sky these days due to commitments with my roll being stronger elsewehre but i know im not alone with this small voice.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi, This is on the development road map, we understand the pros and cons and it is currently being considered but is not high priority. So it is impossible to give any timeframe. We will let you know more when possible but this is not a definite at the moment. Regards Lee
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    Thanks Lee...

+1 to what the Don said. If we had synchronised breaks, so many more people would play more MTT's at same time. I know i would. This surely benefits everyone and Sky also because more of the guarantee's will be met.
  • edited July 2011
    Would like to add my 2p worth to this you have introduced the open/mini open framework into the mix where people are expected to play both for that elusive jackpot. These tournies will on average run from 8 to a minimun of midnight now if your still in both you have not had a chance to take a breather as the tournies started 15 mins apart. As mentioned several times industry stndard appears to be at 5 mins to the hour for 5 minutes which would be a sensible path to follow.

Was deepish in three mtts last night and this break problem strted to become a pain having to loose a couple of hands at the smaller tourney to make the coffee and remove the last one.
  • edited July 2011
    Would like to add my 2p worth to this you have introduced the open/mini open framework into the mix where people are expected to play both for that elusive jackpot. These tournies will on average run from 8 to a minimun of midnight now if your still in both you have not had a chance to take a breather as the tournies started 15 mins apart. As mentioned several times industry stndard appears to be at 5 mins to the hour for 5 minutes which would be a sensible path to follow. Was deepish in three mtts last night and this break problem strted to become a pain having to loose a couple of hands at the smaller tourney to make the coffee and remove the last one.
    Posted by aiken2001
    Great post...

It's a shame Sky don't see this as high priority, because imo it is, and it should have been introduced long ago.

Oh well, what can you do eh?!!!
  • edited July 2011
    Posted by Sky_Lee

well it bloomin well should be!
  • edited July 2011
    In Response to Re: Synchronised breaks : well it bloomin well should be!
    Posted by sikas
    +1 from me! its gettin ridic if you want to play tourneys from 7-10 starting times you wont get break from 7 till 12 often if your running deep