You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Survivor - your feedback please

edited May 2011 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone.

We just wanted to get people's thoughts on the Survivior Series Tournament we ran recently. So, did you like it and would you change anything?

Thanks
Sky Poker Team

Comments

• edited May 2011

Yes, it was good fun the only change i would make, software dependent of course would be to carry chips forward to next level. This would ensure more play at the tables.
  • edited May 2011
    i enjoyed it but i think it ran for too long, Its abit hard to always be free for it and even at round 4 i was noticing too many players sat out
  • edited May 2011

I thought it was good. 

Speed of the weekly rounds was good they didn't drag on too long. 

Watched the final and it could have done with 1/2 more levels around 50/100, and maybe take out an early level or too.

If you do another I'd be happy to play it even if you add a rake fee.

Maybe do a weekly one that starts monday night and the final is on the Sunday night. 

edit - Or even run them nightly, with a final on the sunday, for example there would be 6 seperate tournys each night which auto-spawn until 1 player is left. This player makes the sunday final.

x6 = a final table - over and done with within a week.
  • edited May 2011
    Apart from the fact that in the early rounds they made the site crash when they finished - they were fun.
  • edited May 2011
    i`v enjoyed it, the only thing i`d change is once i`ve entered everyone else gets cancelled ?? lol
  • edited May 2011

Ok, on the whole a very good and cheap series of tournaments which was well received I think.

My couple of MAJOR gripes are that if Sky Poker runs another one I would like, if possible, to see the introduction of.....

1) Antes - after a certain level to get more action going rather than a foldathon.
    2) Hand 4 Hand - this is a must IMO, as approaching the bubble, there is a distinct disadvantage if you are on a table of 3 while there is a table of 4. Maybe have the chat box locked at this time aswell so no possible collusion can happen.

I understand the above options will not be an 'overnight' addition but could be 'tested' out on the next survivor series if one is run.
  • edited May 2011
    Was a good idea imo
    Unfortunately I couldn't enter as wasn't available for 2nd and 3rd weeks (assuming I would of got through of course). So maybe run them over a shorter time frame?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Survivor - your feedback please:
     Yes, it was good fun the only change i would make, software dependent of course would be to carry chips forward to next level. This would ensure more play at the tables.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    This then becomes a normal event played over a number of nights, I don't see the point.
  • edited May 2011
    Maybe do a weekly one that starts monday night and the final is on the Sunday night.  edit - Or even run them nightly, with a final on the sunday, for example there would be 6 seperate tournys each night which auto-spawn until 1 player is left. This player makes the sunday final. x6 = a final table - over and done with within a week.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1. 6 weeks was and is too long for me to be really interested in them, a week however and i'd play.
  • edited May 2011
    Apart from the fact that in the early rounds they made the site crash when they finished - they were fun.
    Posted by Eyeman
     Don't think the site crashed, I think it just took a while to sort out who had finished in which places due to the number of people going out at roughly the same time.
  • edited May 2011
    Loved the tournie.  As others have said, it went on a week or two longer than was necessary. But overall a fun and exciting time. Bring on more i say.
  • edited May 2011
    I enjoyed it and would play again. It suited my playing style lol I'm an excellent folder.
  • edited May 2011
    My shift patterns stopped me from getting through this.
    Every day for a week, would be better. Instead of 1 day a week for "i dont know how long.."
  • edited May 2011
    Reallly enjoyed this one despite not making final

wouldn,t change a thing apart from hand 4 hand approaching the bubble as maxally has already said

For other ppl who can,t make the time , maybe have a cpl of days at different starting times to enable them to play

Hope it gets brought back soon
  • edited May 2011
    was too long.  a couple of times i threw my place as I knew I was gonna be busy on the next Wednesday for example.
  • edited May 2011

Thanks for all your comments guys, keep them coming!

• edited May 2011
    I think it could have been very enjoyable, however, as i'm such a donk!, I got knocked out in the first round of all of them.

Would love to try it again though, just to see if my donkness! is improving.

Pokertrev
    (Official Suit)
  • edited May 2011
    i made it to the final 6 of the wednesday one, finished 4th after getting my aces smashed when all in pre. It was frustrating as for playing over 6 weeks and then not recieving any cash payouts, maybe stick in a small consolation prize for making it to the sng.
  • edited May 2011

I liked the Survivor Series as it was a new concept which did work well in the whole , however if it was to be done again is there anyway it can run a week or two shorter as it did seem to drag on and people lost interest in it with the amount of time it lasted for

• edited May 2011
    i made it to the final 6 of the wednesday one, finished 4th after getting my aces smashed when all in pre. It was frustrating as for playing over 6 weeks and then not recieving any cash payouts, maybe stick in a small consolation prize for making it to the sng.
    Posted by murray69
    Wouldn't that defeat the whole idea behind it?
  • edited May 2011

I thought it was great!

I agree with others that mentioned h4h, as the play near bubble was mainly people letting the time bar run down, myself included as i opened other tables and saw the majority doing it, i still enjoyed the surviving the bubble but h4h would make it better.

I for one didn't mind the length of it, maybe try and drop 1 week as i remember the TKO's were 5 weeks and they worked fine. Maybe just adjust the % that make it through each round or week 4 could be played down the final 6. Just some rough numbers need to be played with and see what works.

All in all tho, was great value for 1 quid!
  • edited May 2011
    Well i thought the 1st 4 weeks were just a donkfest, i dont think any of them took longer than 45 minutes at which point the blinds were something like 400/800 with all starting on 2000, also why not make it 1 in 3 go through instead of 1 in 2 and then, from 6 players per night to 3 players, then 2, and finally the grand final! apart from that i think they were great! an example would be a 2 monthly series!
    week 1 - 300 players
    week 2 - 100 players
    week 3 - 33 players
    week 4 - 11 players
    week 5 - 6 players
    week 7 - 3 players 1st out followed by a new HU battle game
    week 8 - grand final 6 players, 1 from each night
    Why not make it 50p to enter and 50p for each subsequent week you play to keep the aways down?
    As for people saying about the lenght of time to complete the whole thing, that would only affect the winners, so after 5 weeks that would be 36 players, and im sure they wouldnt mind,