You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Any way to lose less with KK

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is so annoying. have i done anything wrong here? maybe 4bet less pre in hope he shoves?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMRSMIGGSSmall blind £0.15£0.15£4.39JimsInAlinBig blind £0.30£0.45£71.27 Your hole cardsKK   CrazyBen23Raise £1.20£1.65£56.16locks_81Fold    chenjordanRaise £3.90£5.55£45.97jamie893Fold    MRSMIGGSFold    JimsInAlinFold    CrazyBen23Raise £10.80£16.35£45.36chenjordanCall £8.10£24.45£37.87Flop  6A4   CrazyBen23Bet £12.00£36.45£33.36chenjordanAll-in £37.87£74.32£0.00CrazyBen23Fold    chenjordanMuck    chenjordanWin £46.65 £46.65chenjordanReturn £25.87£1.80£72.52PrevClose windowNext

Comments

• edited May 2011
    i think 4 bet size is fine looks about 25%  of his stack cant see how much you got back tho, is bet folding the flop better than c/c?
  • edited May 2011
    I had him covered, whats c/c? check call?
  • edited May 2011
    If I was in his position I would put you on AA, KK or QQ.

Is there any chance you can read him for turning JJ/QQ or the other 2 Kings into a bluff and make the call?

I always talk myself into doing sh!t like that. No wonder I keep losing.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Any way to lose less with KK:
    If I was in his position I would put you on AA, KK or QQ. Is there any chance you can read him for turning JJ/QQ or the other 2 Kings into a bluff and make the call? I always talk myself into doing sh!t like that. No wonder I keep losing.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm guessing he had AK, so i saved mesen 30 quid lol, but no i can't rly see him doing that after i bet, cos it looks like i hv ak, if i checked then he could well turn it into a bluff i guess

Just timed out with kk pre while posting here fml -_-
  • edited May 2011
    plenty of blockers out

whats his range?
  • edited May 2011

Probably the same as our 4 betting range!

So this deep, QQ/KK/AA/AK. Not seen the name before so possibly JJ. 

Surely if he has an ace in his hand he should flat this flop.
  • edited May 2011
    Probably the same as our 4 betting range! So this deep, QQ/KK/AA/AK. Not seen the name before so possibly JJ.  Surely if he has an ace in his hand he should flat this flop.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    should the op bet this flop with an ACE?
  • edited May 2011
    checking allows him to bluff me surely? and checking calling i rly dont like
  • edited May 2011

I dunno, I would automatically bet it yeh.

But thinking about it, he can check and still get it in easily on turn & river.

When I've seen advice on these kinda hands before, it's generally been to c bet smaller.

Like 8 quid or something.

It's so easy to play if we have an ace, we can do anything !! :D

How about reads on opponent? so I can note them and don't have to ar/se about watching him to make my own :)
  • edited May 2011
    Probably the same as our 4 betting range! So this deep, QQ/KK/AA/AK. Not seen the name before so possibly JJ.  Surely if he has an ace in his hand he should flat this flop.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    he sud but this is 30nl ppl are stupid
  • edited May 2011
    I dunno, I would automatically bet it yeh. But thinking about it, he can check and still get it in easily on turn & river. When I've seen advice on these kinda hands before, it's generally been to c bet smaller. Like 8 quid or something. It's so easy to play if we have an ace, we can do anything !! :D How about reads on opponent? so I can note them and don't have to ar/se about watching him to make my own :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Aint got any lol, don't think ive played him much before like you said ^^
  • edited May 2011
    What hand is he betting flop with if you check?

If you check, say he holds Q's and wants to rep the A, he is just as likely to check back fearing your holding, crafty play.  Checking flop loses you no advantage.  He bets you put him on the A, or repping the A. 

Simple fact, you dont like the A.  He has called you with a strong hand likely the A.  You have to make your descision on the flop.  Checking only hurts you if you believe your hand hasnt gone behind, when in likely hood it has.  He is hating that A as much as you otherwise, being fearful of a trap check raise.
  • edited May 2011
    think its fine tbh. 
  • edited May 2011
    What hand is he betting flop with if you check? If you check, say he holds Q's and wants to rep the A, he is just as likely to check back fearing your holding, crafty play.  Checking flop loses you no advantage.  He bets you put him on the A, or repping the A.  Simple fact, you dont like the A.  He has called you with a strong hand likely the A.  You have to make your descision on the flop.  Checking only hurts you if you believe your hand hasnt gone behind, when in likely hood it has.  He is hating that A as much as you otherwise, being fearful of a trap check raise.
    Posted by AMYBR

Yeah wish i had of checked to save myself 12 quid lol feels like im sorta giving up on the hand tho, was just gunna call pre and c/raise a low flop, would of saved meself some money lol
    think its fine tbh. 
    Posted by scotty77
    Yayy, was hoping atleast someone was gunna say this lol :)
  • edited May 2011
    I prob c/c flop, dont hate what you did either
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry crazyben, I was steam tilted critical douche last night getting in.

Pre flop is great.  The above pot is what I likely do but the bet you put in does give you the opportunity to still win, so it has merit.
  • edited May 2011
    your play looks fine to me,at least you give yourself 2 chances of taking the pot down ,,and im 95 % certain you were behind
  • edited May 2011
    i think you can make flop bet smaller like 1/3rd pot. its a really weird spot because villain shoving here for value is really really really bad id prob call it off
  • edited May 2011
    i think you can make flop bet smaller like 1/3rd pot. its a really weird spot because villain shoving here for value is really really really bad id prob call it off
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    its so bad he will prolly show up with AQS LOL
  • edited May 2011
    villain = AA/AK