You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do you play against this??

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I know this is bad beat and got pretty annoyed (just by the insanity of the call i usually dont). Most times i will win, but in a non rebuy tournament (with quick blinds) your out. 

Hand History #371283157 (17:10 13/05/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancehamster880Small blind 75.0075.005027.50mummy2b15Big blind 150.00225.0019452.50 Your hole cardsAA   Panyatna01Call 150.00375.005820.00goodbetCall 150.00525.001175.00hamster880All-in 5027.505552.500.00mummy2b15Fold    Panyatna01All-in 5820.0011372.500.00goodbetAll-in 1175.0012547.500.00Panyatna01Unmatched bet 867.5011680.00867.50hamster880ShowAA   Panyatna01ShowK4   goodbetShowQ9   Flop  KKJ   Turn  8   River  5   Panyatna01WinThree Kings11680.00 12547.50

Comments

• edited May 2011
    y just open shove?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you play against this??:
    y just open shove?
    Posted by The_Don90

they were call everything preflop, complete preflop elephant, you would get 4 caller for a 8/9x raise
  • edited May 2011
    mmm, you have AA, openshove ~34BB pre, get called and you are complaining? Keep playing the same, collect the moniez
  • edited May 2011
    How not to play aces. You should be making some nice notes then starting a new game.
  • edited May 2011
    How not to play aces. You should be making some nice notes then starting a new game.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    its not how not to play aces he got 2 callers? if he gets 1 or 2 then its fine, if it folds round then its bad he obv knew the table hence why he shoved

WP i say, bad beat blah blah
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Dont understand what you are saying,he did this cos he was very confident of getting the call
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you play against this?? : its not how not to play aces he got 2 callers? if he gets 1 or 2 then its fine, if it folds round then its bad he obv knew the table hence why he shoved WP i say, bad beat blah blah
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Loool you beat me to it,just ;) xxx
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you play against this?? : its not how not to play aces he got 2 callers? if he gets 1 or 2 then its fine, if it folds round then its bad he obv knew the table hence why he shoved WP i say, bad beat blah blah
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yes results orientated poker FTW :), most times they fold their rubbish and you lose value.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you play against this?? : Yes results orientated poker FTW :), most times they fold their rubbish and you lose value.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    WTF? how many more times? he was confident of gettin the call,that was a very gd read of his oppos yeah? the fact he lost the hand dont matter as he played the hand 'on this occasion' perfectly,just got ul
  • edited May 2011
    lol just what is going through these players minds when they call like this :S

You want them to do this everytime tbh, bad beats are just that - BAD !!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: How do you play against this?? : WTF? how many more times? he was confident of gettin the call,that was a very gd read of his oppos yeah? the fact he lost the hand dont matter as he played the hand 'on this occasion' perfectly,just got ul
    Posted by debdobs_67
    I'd say there's a very small chance you get someone who calls off 5k with K4, yes maybe he KNEW he had this hand and would call but when someone limps they can have anything so most time they fold their junk 75/94/106 etc and you just get a tiny pot with the best hand in the game.

Making it around 900-1k is a lot better play imo.
  • edited May 2011
    if hero has no reads sizing is bad

if he knows hes likely to get a call sizing is excellent
  • ybyb
    edited May 2011
    if you get calls with q9 and k4 then you play against it like that, nh.

next time post in bbv
  • edited May 2011
    if you've been playing at a table a while and seen people making allin calls preflop with total garbage, then I'd love to play aces that way. Personally, I think I'd still raise smaller to make sure of it, and hopefully induce the reshove. Open shoving is just a tad risky I think, you don't really want to fold out everyone.

If people are calling that, fistpump and then hit something when you get outdrawn, and move on. Try and play them again if you get the chance.
  • edited May 2011
    As i said earlier the table was complete preflop elephants, most players would call ANY raise preflop,  As for sizing it at around 8/9x that would have been terrible as likely most of the table would have called. The only way to isolate was an open shove imo, and even this i still go two caller, when in reality i only wanted one..

In Response to Re: How do you play against this?? : Yes results orientated poker FTW :), most times they fold their rubbish and you lose value.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
  • edited May 2011
    I would be happy enough getting a few callers tbh, esp in a rebuy
  • edited May 2011
    You are dealt AA and think "gerrin there! how best can I maximise my burgling
    of some donk's chips? I know, I'll jam it all in, and some half wit is bound to call!"
    Anticipating a bad call then complaining how bad the call was when it beats you, is
    not playing by the Marquis of Queensbury rules :-)

ps - on a point of orthography, the correct term is 'result oriented' and NOT
    'result orientated'   Happy to help.

• edited May 2011
    You are dealt AA and think "gerrin there! how best can I maximise my burgling of some donk's chips? I know, I'll jam it all in, and some half wit is bound to call!" Anticipating a bad call then complaining how bad the call was when it beats you, is not playing by the Marquis of Queensbury rules :-) ps - on a point of orthography, the correct term is 'result oriented' and NOT 'result orientated'   Happy to help.
    Posted by SILEEK
    i like this