You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why do you keep lowering guarenteed prize pools

Last year at 9pm every night, was a 900 guarenteed for £5.50. This dropped to 750. 500, now a ridiculous 400 which isnt worth the time.

Why do you keep lowering it? this wont encourage people playing guys, seriously look around other poker sites, its just not offering the same value, i find it a shame as i enjoy it here, but nowadays i cant find many tournies here which justify the entry fee,

all opinions welcome...

Comments

• edited May 2011
    You'll find other sites are reducing guarantees too.  Poker is very seasonal and the lighter evenings reduces the players significantly so the guarantees have to drop too.  Also you'll notice drops in guarantees when tournaments clash with major sporting events on TV such as football matches.

I've seen a lot of guarantees not hit their target so it's costing Sky Poker to run the tournaments, I can't see that continuing.

I think the Sky Rollers £110 buy in tournament was almost £1000 short of it's guarantee!