You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

holdem manager

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
just downloaded this for another site i play, been going through different aspects of what it can offer and came across "leakbuster". after going into this in more detail and looking at how it scores me (not good lol) there was one bit i got an a+ in and that was pfr%. now i might be good at it but i havnt got a clue what it is. can someone tell me please   phil

Comments

• edited May 2011
    pfr=preflop raise I would think

is the leakbuster in hem any good. Also is it compatible with this site in any way, Im pretty sure hud doesnt work, but even just importing the hands would be great
  • edited May 2011
    your right you cant use it on here. they do a free 15 day trial so am just getting used to it. if i really like it i will fork out and buy it. it hasnt told me anything new yet(i knew i was c ra p before i got it). playing too many hands pre d+, not 3betting from sb/bb enough d+ etc etc. back to question grantorino, if it is pre flop raise % how can i have an a+ and a d+ for %of hands played preflop?
  • edited May 2011
    maybe limping too much?
  • edited May 2011
    I was talking to a lad from work who advised i get some sort of software like this. He says  i am at such a disadvantage by not having a tracker. He plays high stakes on another site and makes quite a bit of money from the game and regularly plays against the likes of Paul Jackson and co so i heeded his advice. However, i dont know if any of these things actually work on Skypoker as i have heard a few say that they are not compatable on here. Anyone shed any light on this matter please?

Pod1, do you find the info helpful or not?
  • edited May 2011
    there is a lot of info to take in and im just starting to wade through it. i can tell you i make more money with a str than i do with fh and flushes !!. as i say you cant use it on here,but i play the same here as i do on other sites so any good/bad points that are highlighted will be applicable here as well.
  • edited May 2011
    All i know on the matter is that it comes highly recommended from someone who gets sponsored by another site and all his 'team' use it also. I am a bit of a stats man but i dont think anything is compatable for sky. He also mentioned the 'leakbuster' and how useful it can be. I suppose it depends on how you use the info.

Do me a favour and let me know how it works out for you.
  • edited May 2011
    leak buster is pretty good it takes avg stats from huge sample of data mined hands, it tells you like optimal stats,   like a good tags pfr is around 20 and vpip 23 ish what are your stats? most of the stats on there like 3bet fold2-3bet your going to need big samples for them to be accurate

there is tons of stuff you can do with hem its a must have
  • edited May 2011
    set up you hud with just a few to start with and add more as you get used to it, you should have your HH saved so import them to hm if you already havnt, the first two i look at are vpip and pfr, you can pretty much tell whos a nit tag lag fish with a small sample, i think they have tutorial vids on the hm website
  • edited May 2011
    on 365 vpip is 33.7 and pfr 33.5 . like i say c r a p!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: holdem manager:
    Posted by pod1
    wow pretty laggy, lots of winning players with them stats but you need to be hot post flop.....why do you say its c.r.a.p?    whats the bottom of your opening range utg and +1?
  • edited May 2011
    exactly, if you play this way you need to be s**t hot at hand reading. If you are go for it.

HEM is great imo, well worth the moniez if u are playing on sites that support it
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by pod1
    are these heads up stats? lol
  • edited May 2011
    the site these came from was mainly hu to be fair, i went on a 2mnth binge on them about a year ago. jj saw me play some of these and can back it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps my hand reading is prob one of my better parts of my game(apart from walking into quad aces last night!!) and dont forget my pfr% i did get an a+ lmao
  • edited May 2011

When I had my Hem free trial, I think I could filter stats to show my Vpip/pfr from all my 6 max sessions? Try doing that.....

It took me about 4 hours to get it working, but was really surprised at how helpful it was.

I'd never play cash on a site which allows software without hem!!

• edited May 2011
    got it up and running yest,and played2 cash sessions with it.prob is i dont really understand everything that i am looking at!!  im sure in 1 session they all had it up and running coz i have never been 3/4 betted so much in my life , then i noticed on my figures how often i foldto a 3bet!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    u need a big sample for 3bet stats. what level are you playing?
  • edited May 2011
    right!!   just played 100 hands on nl20, and took these figures off my hud. which are the important ones i need to be aware of and what should they be(ish). started with 20quid and finished on 52 which is great,but i want to get to grip with my game and if it costs me money(to a point) then so be it. figures:  100  27/18/30/7.9/1.5/73/29/30   6 seater table.   phil
  • edited May 2011
    i dont know how your hud is configured

27/18 is prob vpip and pfr

The other figures should include 3bet%, cbet%, maybe call or fold to 3bet

If you hover over the hud more detailed figures come up and it tells you what they are (maybe u have to right click

If you click on your session in hem itself it should be clearer what figures are
  • edited May 2011
    i think these are correct: 27=vpip 18=call open 30=steel 7.9=3bet1.5=post flop agg 73=cbet29fold to cbet and 30 i think is show down wins. phil
  • edited May 2011
    im still really lost on what all this means, just gone and put all todays stats in leak buster, but i dont understand what vpip% actually means or pfr%.       it says i score an a+ for vpip% an a+forpfr% an a- for pfr/vpip, then it goes right down hill.   an f for sb raise steel an f for bb fold to steel, 3b% says im doing it too much outta pos f again,  bb reraise steel got an f again , finishing with a c for sb fold to steel!!  i really didnt think there was soooo much to this poker melarky.
  • edited May 2011
    I dont know a huge amount about stats, try hem forums and Im sure there are vids somewhere

vpip =% of time you voluntarily put money in flop (not inc blinds as they are forced)
    pfr= preflop raise %  

these two should usually be close together, 22/19 might be a typical figure for a good 6max player, but it can vary a lot depending how nitty/laggy you are
  • edited May 2011
    im still really lost on what all this means, just gone and put all todays stats in leak buster, but i dont understand what vpip% actually means or pfr%.       it says i score an a+ for vpip% an a+forpfr% an a- for pfr/vpip, then it goes right down hill.   an f for sb raise steel an f for bb fold to steel, 3b% says im doing it too much outta pos f again,  bb reraise steel got an f again , finishing with a c for sb fold to steel!!  i really didnt think there was soooo much to this poker melarky.
    Posted by pod1
    leak buster is a waste of time with so few hands, you want to get a min 50k sample then stick it in

• edited May 2011
    thanks, its a start to my long road of becomming a half decent player   phil
  • edited May 2011
    surley nick the best time to straighten a tree straight is when its a young sapling!!!!!
  • edited May 2011
    surley nick the best time to straighten a tree straight is when its a young sapling!!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    yeah if your a tree, you need a lot of hands to get a good average of the stats,  you could be a pretty tight TAG who plays off 17 vpip 15 pfr over like 100k hands but if you deleted your hands and started from fresh you could play like 500 hands and just get hit in the face with the deck and your stats could be 40/40 or watever
  • edited May 2011
    the only problem i see with all these stats is i feel i win/lose 80%(bit of a guess there) of monies on hands that dont need stats to tellme what to do.ie allins on pre and post flops ie sets ,flushes aa/kk etc
  • edited May 2011
    the only problem i see with all these stats is i feel i win/lose 80%(bit of a guess there) of monies on hands that dont need stats to tellme what to do.ie allins on pre and post flops ie sets ,flushes aa/kk etc
    Posted by pod1
    i think you need to look into what its all about a bit more, check out the forums and the tutorial vids, also have a look on YT im sure there will also be some constructive material on there too
  • edited May 2011
    thanks mate will do