You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

raise or flat here??? Nuts on flop 250BB deep v 300BB deep.

edited May 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Opinions on this. Now usually id just flat here but with 2 diamonds out, and our opponent has been pretty tight so may have a set themselves is a raise ok?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
markisking Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.04
luckyjess1 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.86
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

SINGA Call  £0.04 £0.10 £12.32
DK76 Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £12.62
The_Don90 Raise  £0.64 £0.90 £9.54
MP33 Fold     
markisking Fold     
luckyjess1 Fold     
SINGA Fold     
DK76 Call  £0.48 £1.38 £12.14
Flop

• A

DK76 Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £1.04 £2.42 £8.50
DK76 Raise  £2.08 £4.50 £10.06
The_Don90 ???????

Comments

• edited May 2011

Idk he cant have many draws and i doubt he is bluffing. On the other hand I dont see him raise/folding much on this board. I prob raise in case a diamond on turn slows him down, but not really sure which is best

• edited May 2011
    you're in position and you're both deep, I like a flat here- having invested that much, he will normally perceive your flat to be weak and will very likely bet any turn card- you just have to tell yourself you're calling whatever that card is. If it brings the flush, so be it- you can still house up if he has it- he doesn't have to by any means.

I don't think raising is the best option here this deep. You have plenty of time still to get the stacks in if he checks turn and you put in a fairly sizeable bet. He could have a set of 7's, but he could also have a middle strength pair like 9s-Js and you scare him off with a reraise here.
  • edited May 2011
    Would u expect villain to raise 99 here?

Also do you think he fires again with a hand like that if don flats?

Im not really sure wheter flatting or raising is better, but some of his range is more likely to stack on flop than on certain turn scarecards. If we do flat obv we are never folding on any turn
  • edited May 2011
    This is 4NL, if someone has decided to make a raise on the flop they have a pretty good hand and think they're ahead, could be a bluff but not many tight players make bluffs.

I would probably raise just because a diamond trun could kill the action as both of you could be scared of it, and remember he's check/raised, that's a very aggressive play and usually indicates strength imo.
  • edited May 2011
  • edited May 2011
    they hate it when you re clickem back